St. Xavier's College of Education
|Motto||For God And Country|
|Affiliation||Jesuit (Roman Catholic)|
|Principal||Fr. Thomas Perumalil, S.J.|
|Address||Digha Ghat P.O., Patna- 800 011 Bihar, India|
|Affiliations||Aryabhatta Knowledge University|
St. Xavier's College of Education, Patna (SXCE Patna or SXCE), is a co-educational, self-financed, Catholic minority institution in Patna, Bihar, India. Founded in 1988 by the Patna Province of the Society of Jesus, it is named after St. Francis Xavier, a Spanish Jesuit saint of the 16th century and Catholic missionary to India.
The Jesuits first came to Patna in 1919, and in early 1930 were approached to set up a school in the city of Patna. Fr. Loesch with the assistance of Fr. Marshall D. Moran opened a Cambridge school serving the people of Patna and Bihar. Later, in 1940, St. Xavier's High School, Patna, was built at Gandhi Maidan Marg. Then in November 1988 the Jesuits founded St. Xavier’s College of Education, Patna.
The college offers two-years undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Bachelor of Education and Master of Education from Aryabhatta Knowledge University.  St. Xavier’s College of Education is approved by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). The college is also accredited with "A" Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The campus covers about 10117.5 sq.m. at Digha in Patna. The main building housing offices and classrooms was completed in 1990, and was extended in 2010. The college's main facility includes laboratories for Physical Science, Language, Psychology, Education, Technology, and Biology, as well as multipurpose halls, a library with over 13,000 books, and two computer labs. The college provides boarding facilities and includes a gymnasium and outdoor fields, and also a canteen.
St. Xavier's College of Education Alumni Association (SXCEAA), formed in 2003, sponsors many activities. In 2015 the president of the association was Marie Ann D’Cruz.
The sister institutions of St. Xavier's College in Patna are
- Live-in relations to stay, experts feel The Times of India. Retrieved 26 Apr 2013
- "East & West Academy, Arya Kumar Road, Rajendra Nagar, Patna, BIHAR - » Bihar Information Directory". bihar.infozones.in. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "history", sxspatna, December 2012
- Managers on a high Calcutta Telegraph. Retrieved 6 June 2013
- MEd admission process begins The Times of India. Retrieved 2 July 2013
- St. Xavier`s College Of Education, Patna Archived 20 September 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University
- "St.Xavier's College of Education(SXCE), Patna | College | Teacher's Training | eduhelp.in". www.eduhelp.in. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- SXCE Patna Higher
- City remembers Mother Teresa The Times of India. Retrieved 28 August 2010
- Feast of St Ignatius of Loyola today The Times of India. Retrieved 31 July 2013