St. Xavier's School, Jaipur
|St. Xavier's School, Jaipur|
|Bhagwan Das Road
|Motto||Deus Fortitudo Mea
(God is Our Strength)
|Principal||Fr. T.J. Jose, S.J.|
|Color(s)||Blue and gold|
|Website||St. Xavier's School|
St. Xavier's Senior Secondary School, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, is one of the oldest schools in the city of Jaipur. Founded in 1941, it runs under the management of the Jesuits, an international Christian religious order called the Society of Jesus.
St. Xavier's School is a co-educational school, which in its early days was open only to male students. It was founded in July 1941 under the name of St. Mary's Boys School in the Roman Catholic Church compound at Ghat Gate, Jaipur, by Fr. Ignatius, O.F.M.Cap. In July 1943 its management was entrusted to the Jesuit Fathers who operate 79 high schools and 58 colleges in India. The school moved to its new site and was renamed St. Xavier School in January 1945. The Jesuits have remained its administrators. The school became coeducational in 1989.
The campus is located in the heart of the city of Jaipur. There are three basketball courts, two tennis courts, two handball courts, two swimming pools, two football fields, a shooting range, two badminton courts, two squash courts, and two cricket fields, besides indoor sports courts and a gym. There are separate buildings for the Senior School, Middle School, Junior School, for Science, and for the sports complex, besides two auditoriums for co-curricular activities.
In 2013 the head of Xavier's physics department and IAPT member Mr. Yogesh Bhatnagar, after 35 years of service to education, was awarded the CBSE National Award for Teachers by two members of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (India), Mr. Shashi Tharoor, Minister of State, and Mr. M. Pallam Raju, Union Minister.
- Mr. Justice Alok Sharma, sitting judge, Rajasthan High Court
- Mr. Amit Jain, CEO and Co-Founder, Cardekho.com
- Vikrant Bhargava, co-founder Partygaming
- Siddhant Vats, entrepreneur and philanthropist; inventor of world's first Android watch
- Govardhan Asrani, mollywood actor
- Dr. Chandra P. Belani, Miriam Beckner Distinguished Professor of Medicine, Penn State College of Medicine and Deputy Director, Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, USA
- Admiral Madhvendra Singh, former Chief of Naval Staff of the Indian Navy
- Air Marshal Shashindra Pal Tyagi former Chief of Air Staff (India)
- Raghubir Singh, photographer
- Paresh Lamba, fashion designer
- Piyush Pandey, Executive Chairman & Creative Director, South Asia Ogilvy & Mather India
- (Late) Mr. Rakesh Hooja, IAS, Director-General, Indian Institute of Public Administration
- Haider Khan, noted fashion photographer
- Anshul Agarwal, life of the party
- Robin Xavier, Founder Director Jaipur Football Club
- Anju Mudkavi, Captain of India Under 19 Cricket Team
- Mr Satish Mathur, Director General of Maharashtra Police
For the purpose of higher college education, St Xavier's College, Jaipur, was inaugurated by the Society of Jesus. The College, however, does not give preference to students of St. Xavier's School in the admission process.