St. Aloysius College (Mangalore)
|Motto||Lucet et Ardet|
Motto in English
|Shine to Enkindle|
|Affiliation||Jesuit, (Roman Catholic)|
|Location||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Campus||Urban, 37 acres|
The college was affiliated to Mangalore University, becoming autonomous from 2007. It offers graduate and post-graduate diploma and Ph.D. programmes in a wide variety of subjects in the humanities, sciences, commerce, and management. The College also has a primary, middle school, high school and offers pre-university courses in science, commerce and arts.
St. Aloysius College is run by the Jesuits of Karnataka Province. It is headed by a Rector who is also the head of all the institutions within the campus. The College has ten sister institutions: St. Aloysius College Primary School, St. Aloysius High School, St. Aloysius Pre-University College, St. Aloysius ITI, St. Aloysius Institution of Education, St. Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology (AIMIT), St. Aloysius Gents' Hostel, St. Aloysius Ladies' Hostel (UG and PUC), St. Aloysius PG Ladies' hostel, and St. Aloysian Boys Home. AIMIT has become an independent campus in Beeri, Kotekar.
The St. Aloysius College, Mangalore, is managed by the Mangalore Jesuit Educational Society which is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, and admits students without discriminating against any religion, caste or creed. It seeks to establish a collegial environment in which those of diverse cultural backgrounds and religious beliefs can participate in the community in a spirit of co-operation and mutual respect. The student population is currently 14,000. Apart from academics the college is well known for National level fests such as Composite, ACME, Art Beat, Imprints, Asthitva, Spin Out, etc.
The placement cell interacts with industry to secure employment of qualified students. Ninety percent of MBA graduates have been placed in companies like NOMURA, IBM, Bank of Maharashtra, UNION BANK, E&Y, AMDOCS, South India Bank, IndiaBulls, Kotak Mahendra, ICICI Bank, ICICI Prudential, IDBI, 24/7Customer, Infosys, Symphony, Mekaster, Cambridge, HDFC and other leading banks and financial institutions. 
Notable alumni from St. Aloysius College include:
- Kottayan Katankot Venugopal, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India
- Anant Agarwal, research scholar and CEO 
- Aravind Adiga, winner of the Man Booker Prize
- Brian J. G. Pereira, M.D.
- Devi Prasad Shetty, surgeon philanthropist
- George Fernandes, former Union Defence Minister 
- K. V. Kamath, Chairman, ICICI Bank, India
- V. J. P. Saldanha, Konkani language litterateur, dramatist, novelist, and poet
- Maxwell Pereira, former Joint Police Commissioner, Delhi
- Deepa Sannidhi, actress
- Mavila Vishwanathan Nair, Chairman, Union Bank of India
- K. L. Rahul, Indian team cricketer
- K. P. Rao - Scientist, Software Engineer
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St. Aloysius College (Mangalore).|