St Andrews Beach, Victoria
|St Andrews Beach|
|Population||889 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Mornington Peninsula|
St Andrews Beach is located on the Bass Strait side of the southern Mornington Peninsula and it is south of Rye. It was first subdivided in the 1959 and the subdivision was originally marketed as "Capri Beach". In the 1962 a golf course (since closed) was constructed and the subdivision was remarketed as St. Andrews by the Sea. Originally the homes that were built were small holiday homes but later in the 20th century more substantial homes began to be built as its location became more appreciated. At this time[when?] the name St Andrews Beach was adopted by the Council as its official name. The price of land in this area has increased dramatically over the last 10 years.
It is in the local government area of the Shire of Mornington Peninsula. At the 2001 census, St Andrews Beach had a population of 664, at the 2007 Census the population was 769 and at the 2011 Census the population was 1,138. At the most recent Census, in 2016, the population was 889.
St Andrews Beach features a unique topography known as The Cups Country, which creates the ideal environment for golf courses. Golfers have a choice of several nearby golf courses including the St Andrews Beach Club on Sandy Road, Moonah Links off Truemans Road, and The Dunes on Browns Road.
- "2016 Census QuickStats St Andrews Beach". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Capri Beach - St Andrews Beach". www.standrewsbeach.net.au. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- St Andrews Beach Subdivision Documents
- St Andrews Beach Architecture
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (9 March 2006). "St Andrews Beach (L) (Urban Centre/Locality)". 2001 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 7 July 2007.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "St Andrews Beach (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 5 May 2008.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "St Andrews Beach (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- The Cups Country
- Golf Select, St Andrews Beach Golf Club, retrieved 11 May 2009
- Golf Select, Moonah Links
- Golf Select, The Dunes Golf Club
|This article about a place in Melbourne is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|