St Budeaux Ferry Road railway station
|St Budeaux Ferry Road|
|Managed by||First Great Western|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||Great Western Railway|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at St Budeaux Ferry Road from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
St Budeaux Ferry Road railway station is a suburban railway station in St Budeaux, Plymouth, England. It is served by First Great Western services during the rush hour only. The vast majority of services pass through non stop due to the proximity of Victoria Road station - the entrances to the two stations are directly opposite each other. To the west the line singles and crosses into Cornwall on the Royal Albert Bridge.
The station is unstaffed with step-free access to both platforms.
The station was opened by the Great Western Railway on 1 June 1904 as St Budeaux Platform, renamed St Budeaux Ferry Road to avoid confusion with the London and South Western Railway St Budeaux Victoria Road station.
The reason for the separate stations is due to the two railways taking different routes into the city. A junction was laid between the two lines during World War II and the London and South Western Railway line between Victoria Road and Plymouth closed in the 1960s.
A more frequent service to Plymouth operates from Victoria Road.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Keyham||First Great Western
Cornish Main Line
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St Budeaux Ferry Road railway station.|
- Beck, Keith; Copsey, John (1990). The Great Western in South Devon. Didcot: Wild Swan Publication. ISBN 0-906867-90-8.
- Cooke, R A (1979). Track Layout Diagrams of the GWR and BR WR: Section 12, Plymouth. Harwell: R A Cooke.
- Crozier, Larry (2000). Mechanical Signalling in Plymouth. Wallasey: Signalling Record Society. ISBN 1-873228-18-X.
- Jacobs, Gerald (2005). Railway Track Diagrams Book 3: Western. Bradford-on-Avon: Trackmaps. ISBN 0-9549866-1-X.
- Leitch, Russell (2002). Plymouth's Railways in the 1930s. Peterborough: Railway Correspondence and Travel Society. ISBN 0-901115-91-6.
- Mosley, Brian (17 February 2007). "St Budeaux Ferry Road Station (GWR)". Encyclopaedia of Plymouth History. Plymouth Data. Archived from the original on 18 May 2008. Retrieved 13 February 2015.