St Catherine's College, Wellington
|St Catherine's College|
|14 Upper Bourke Street
|Motto||Mercy and Wisdom|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Established||1919 (primary school)
1950 (secondary school)
|Founders||Sisters of Mercy|
|Ministry of Education Institution no.||284|
|Enrolment||252 (February 2017)|
St Catherine's College, a Catholic secondary school for girls, operates in the Wellington suburb Kilbirnie in New Zealand. The Sisters of Mercy founded St Catherine's in 1919 initially as a primary school before becoming a secondary school in 1950.
On 30 March 1983, St Catherine's College became an integrated school under the Private Schools Conditional Integration Act of 1975. The Board of Trustees was first elected in 1989 and is responsible for the governance of the College. In recent years a new multi-functional hall, called "Mercy Hall", has been opened as well as a Food Technology Centre, a Music Suite, and a new Design Arts Centre. The college also has a new administration area, a chapel, and specialist teaching areas which was completed in September 2016.
- "Directory of Schools - as at 6 March 2017". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "Decile Change 2014 to 2015 for State & State Integrated Schools". Ministry of Education. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- Ernest Richard Simmons, Brief history of the Catholic Church in New Zealand, Catholic Publications Centre, Auckland, 1978.
- Michael King, God's farthest outpost : a history of Catholics in New Zealand, Viking, Auckland 1997.
- Mary de Porres Flannigan R.S.M., Mercy comes to Wellington : a history of St. Mary’s College, St. Mary’s College Board of Trustees, Wellington, 2000.
- Michael O'Meeghan S.M., Steadfast in hope : the story of the Catholic Archdiocese of Wellington 1850-2000, Dunmore press, Palmerston North, 2003.
|This New Zealand school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|