St Gerard's School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|St Gerard's School|
Republic of Ireland
|Headmistress||Dr. Deirdre Farrell (Junior school)|
|Headmaster||Mr. Tom Geraghty (Senior school)|
|Number of students||730|
|Average class size||22 Senior School, 26 Junior School|
|Campus size||60 acres|
|Colour(s)||Green & Blue|
|Song||Our Shining Alma Mater|
|School fees||€6,800 (2014/15)|
St Gerard's School is a Catholic co-educational day school in Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland. The student population is around 745, with 515 in the Senior School and 230 in the Junior School, and 20 in the Montessori. The school is administered by a Board of Governors as a charitable trust. The current headmaster is Tom Geraghty.
John James founded St Gerard's school in 1918. He was born on November 11, 1883. His father was an Anglican minister and when he completed his BA degree in 1904 he converted to the Roman Catholic faith.
- Louis Le Brocquy, artist
- Charley Boorman, actor
- Andrew Hozier-Byrne (Hozier), musician
- Frank O'Reilly, Irish banker, businessman; 23rd Chancellor of the University of Dublin.
- Sir Helenus Milmo, QC, British Lawyer & High Court judge
- Jack conan Ireland & Leinster rugby union player
- Doyle, Mary (2012). "St Gerard's fee paying school gets €1.8m from state". Bray People.
- [dead link]