St Gregory's Catholic School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|St Gregory's Catholic School|
|Other name||St Greg's|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Local authority||Kent County Council|
|Oversight||Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark|
|Trust||Kent Catholic Schools' Partnership|
|Department for Education URN||140640 Tables|
|Colour(s)||Red, White, Blue|
St Gregory's Catholic School (often shortened to St Greg's) is an 11–18 mixed, Roman Catholic secondary school and sixth form with academy status in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England. It was established in 1966 and is part of the Kent Catholic Schools' Partnership. It is located in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark.
Areas of Learning
The school is arranged into five Areas of Learning (AoL). Students are assigned to an Area which they will remain in throughout their school career. This allows them to develop a supportive relationship with their peers and teachers in their Area. Students can move to another Area with good reason and family members may be put into the same Area.
The Areas of Learning are led by an Assistant Headteacher, supported by a Pastoral Leader/Manager. The five Areas are:
- Communication & Culture (CC) — English, MFL, Film Studies, Media Studies, Drama
- Creative & Physical Design (CPD) — Art, Music, PE, Technology
- Ethos & Personal Development (EPD) — RE, Citizenship, PHSE, History
- Environmental & Scientific Understanding (ESU) — Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics), Geography
- Numeracy & Enterprise (NE) — Maths, ICT, Business, Statistics
The sixth form at St Gregory's is regarded as being the most influential and responsible part of the school. All of the Year 12 students are deemed to be "Prefects", with some of them, through application and interview procedures made "Senior Prefects". In Year 12, students can take a mixture of AS and AVCEs and some may choose to follow an intermediate VCE with a view to taking up advanced courses later.
Alumni of St Gregory's Catholic School are known as Old Gregorians.
- "Academy Principal's Welcome". St Gregory's Catholic School. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Coppice Performing Arts School". Get information about schools. GOV.UK. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "AOL Information". St Gregory's Catholic School. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Old Gregorians". St Gregory's Catholic School. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- Patrick Butler (2011-10-18). "MP paves the way for more social enterprises to deliver public services". The Guardian. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
|This Kent school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|