St Gregory's College, Lagos
|St. Gregory's College|
|South West Ikoyi Lagos
Ikoyi, Lagos, Lagos State
|School type||Missionary High school|
|Motto||Pro Fide Et Scientia'|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic, Christian|
|Founded||January 27 1928|
|Sister school||Holy Child College Obalende|
|Administrator||Reverend Father Emmanuel Ayeni|
(Formerly mixed gender)
|Houses||St Augustine, St Peter, St Francis, St Benedict|
Unofficial Website (Oldest running)
St. Gregory's College, Lagos, is a catholic missionary school for boys, with boarding facilities, located 1.0 km from Tafawa Balewa Square in the vicinity of Ikoyi – Obalende, Lagos State, Nigeria.
The college, originally a coed campus before the creation of its sister school Holy Child College Obalende, is based in South-West Ikoyi. It was established through the Catholic mission in 1928 and named after Pope St. Gregory the Great (540–604). Entrepreneur Michael Ibru and his construction outfit Ace Jomona took part in the building of the school.
|“||Good Saint Gregory to thy name
Dedicated is the school we love
Happy diligent may we be
- Adetokunbo Ademola† , Nigerian jurist and former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
- Jimi Agbaje, Nigerian Pharmacist, Politician and former governorship candidate for Lagos.
- Ben Murray Bruce, Nigerian business magnate and politician.
- Sir Adeyemo Alakija KBE† , Nigerian lawyer, politician and businessman.
- Ganiyu Dawodu†, Nigerian politician and democracy activist.
- Antonio Deinde Fernandez†, Nigerian Business magnate and diplomat.
- Ade Abayomi Olufeko, Technologist and Entrepreneur.
- Sir Leo Babrinde Da-Silva, Former Secretary to Lagos State government.
- Stephen Keshi†, Nigerian football icon.
- Adewale Maja-Pearce, Writer, journalist and critic.
- J. M. Johnson†, Nigerian Politician.
- Olufemi Majekodunmi, British-Nigerian architect.
- Raymond Njoku†,Nigerian politician and former minister for Transport.
- Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie, Archbishop of Lagos.
- Victor Uwaifo, Nigerian musician.
- Funsho Williams, Politician.
- Chief Ayo Gabriel Irikefe†, former Chief Justice of Nigeria.
- Denrele Edun, Nigerian television presenter.
- Patrick Ekeji, Nigerian sports administrator.
- Tayo Aderinokun, Entrepreneur and former CEO of Guaranty Trust Bank.
- Obafemi Lasode, Nigerian veteran film actor.
- Vector - Olanrewaju Ogunmefun, Nigerian Hip hop artist.
- Moses Majekodunmi†, Nigerian Senator.
- Akyeampong, Emmanuel K.; Louis Gates Jr., Henry (2011). Dictionary of African Biography, Volume 6.
- Osunniyi, Adejuwon (September 2016). "Michael Ibru dies at 85". National Mirror. Lagos.
- Board, Editorial (June 2015). "Victorious St. Gregory's College gets Dr. Abebe's scholarship". The Guardian Nigeria. Lagos.
.ng, the school's official website
.com, school's oldest running unofficial website since 1997
|This Lagos–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Nigeria school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|