St James' Church, Aston
|St James' Church, Aston|
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Diocese||Anglican Diocese of Birmingham|
The Chatwin church was demolished and a new church built in 1981 to the designs of the architect G Winteringham. This building was damaged in a fire in 2001 but was restored and reopened.
The Chatwin church of 1906 was equipped with a three manual pipe organ by Conacher of Sheffeld. A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register. but is no longer present.
- The Buildings of England. Warwickshire. Nikolaus Pevsner. Penguin Books. ISBN 0140710310 p.148
- Worcester Diocesan Church Calendar. 1892. p.219
- Birmingham Diocesan Calendar. 1907. p.191.
- "News". Lichfield Mercury. Lichfield. 9 November 1906.
- "NPOR N07333". National Pipe Organ Register. British Institute of Organ Studies. Retrieved 25 February 2015.