St John of God Subiaco Hospital
|St John of God Hospital Subiaco|
|St John of God Hospital|
|Location||Subiaco, Western Australia, Australia|
|Lists||Hospitals in Australia|
Founded in 1898, Subiaco Hospital is the oldest surviving St John of God Health Care hospital in Australia, and the first permanent facility established by the Congregation of the Sisters of St John of God.
St John of God Subiaco Hospital houses 555 beds, 23 operating theatres, four endoscopy suites, two cardio and vascular intervention laboratories and radiology and pathology suites.
The on-site $30 million Bendat Family Comprehensive Cancer Centre comprises an oncology ward, day chemotherapy suite, an endoscopy unit and consulting suites.
The hospital also operates the Subiaco Clinic, which includes medical consulting rooms, a combined operating suite and day surgery unit and a conference centre.
In 2008, St John of God Subiaco Hospital became the first hospital in Western Australia and the fifth in Australia to obtain a da Vinci robotic surgical system. The robot is used for performing radical prostatectomies and other delicate surgeries.
Services provided by the hospital include:
- intensive and coronary Care
- palliative care
- home nursing
- day surgery
- GP After Hours
- sports medicine and physiotherapy
In 2009, the Jean and John Tonkinson Research Foundation was established through St John of God Subiaco Hospital as a means of providing funding assistance towards research in the field of colorectal cancer.
The hospital’s Colorectal Cancer Research Centre was founded in 2006 and is headed by Associate Professor Cameron Platell.
The hospital operates the oldest of the St John of God Health Care Raphael Centres, opened in 2003. The Raphael Centre provides support and information for parents affected by anxiety or depression during pregnancy and in the two years following childbirth.
- LiveinVictoria.vic.gov.au (2010), "Living in Regional Victoria", pp.3, Retrieved 2011-02-24
- Sisters of St John of God, "Foundations". Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- St. John of God Hospital (Subiaco, W.A.) (1981), St. John of God Hospital : opening of the new hospital 1st May, 1981, The Hospital], ISBN 978-0-9592737-0-0
- St. John of God Hospital (Subiaco, W.A.) (1981), Salute to a catholic hospital : a transcript of speeches at the blessing and official opening of St. John of God Subiaco Hospital, Western Australia, 1st May, 1981, St. John of God Hospital, ISBN 978-0-9599961-9-7
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital, "About Us". Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- FMC Australia, "The Signature", pp.1. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital, "Subiaco Clinic". Retrieved 2011-02-28.
- Australian Private Hospital Association official magazine (2008-04). "Private Hospital", pp.30. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- Royal Perth Hospital (2010-05), "Servionews", pp.4. Retrieved 2011-03-15.
- University of Western Australia newsletter (2007-07-20), "UWA News", pp.13. Retrieved 2011-03-15.
- The Australasian Marcé Society (2007), "2007 Conference", pp.44. Retrieved 2011-03-15.
- Department of Health, "Perinatal Emotional Health and Wellbeing Community Support and Resources", pp. 2. Retrieved 2011-03-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St John of God Subiaco Hospital.|