St Mark's Academy
|Motto||A community founded on love, hope and trust.|
|Religion||Church of England|
|Senior Vice Principal||Dan Cundy|
Mark Morren Jonathan Harris Elroy CahillDionne Jude
|Associate Vice Principal||Hannah Fahey|
|DfE URN||134003 Tables|
It was first established in 1960 as Eastfields High School for boys. The school became coeducational in 2002 and was renamed Mitcham Vale School. In 2006 the school was converted to academy status and was renamed St Mark's Academy. The academy is sponsored by the CfBT Education Trust and the Anglican Diocese of Southwark.
St Mark's Academy offers GCSEs, BTECs and OCR Nationals as programmes of study for pupils, while students in the sixth form have the option to study from range of A Levels and additional BTECs. The school specialises in science and the performing arts, and has dedicated resources to support the specialisms.
The School has recently (October 2014) been awarded the prestigious International Values Quality Mark in recognition of its values-based ethos and character.
- "St Mark's Academy". Stmarksacademy.com. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
- "St Mark's Academy - Sponsors". Stmarksacademy.com. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
- "St Mark's Academy - Curriculum". Stmarksacademy.com. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
- "St Mark's Academy - Sixth form". Stmarksacademy.com. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
- "St Mark's Academy - Specialisms". Stmarksacademy.com. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
|This London school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|