St Mary Bourne
|St Mary Bourne|
Thatched Cottage and The George Inn
|St Mary Bourne shown within Hampshire|
|Population||1,298 (parish 2011 Censusincluding Little Bourne , Little Down, Middle Wyke ,Stoke and Wadwick)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
St Mary Bourne is small village and civil parish in northwest Hampshire England. It lies in the valley of the Bourne Rivulet, a tributary of the River Test 5 miles (8 km) northeast of the town of Andover.
The village of St. Mary Bourne is part of the civil parish of St. Mary Bourne, and is part of the Burghclere, Highclere and St. Mary Bourne ward of Basingstoke and Deane borough council. The borough council is a Non-metropolitan district of Hampshire County Council.
Culture and community
There is a local amateur dramatic society, and two golf clubs, both of which are sponsored by pubs. The farms, local pubs which are The George Inn and the Bourne Valley Inn and the partly volunteered shop are not the only businesses in the village. There is a watercress company - Vitacress There's a business improvement consultancy, a garage, a recruitment company, an agency for marketing responsible tourism, and a maker of curtains and soft furnishings. There is also a primary school. Most locals commute, heading off to railway stations 5 or more miles away. Just as many drive to Newbury, Whitchurch, Basingstoke, Winchester or Andover.
- Reverend Stephen Pakenham, with additional material by Canon Martin Coppen The Story of St Peter's Church, St Mary Bourne: A Short Guide for Visitors, 2009 (available from the church)
- A Full Church Guide (available from the church)
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- "Hampshire County Council's legal record of public rights of way in Hampshire" (PDF). 2008. Retrieved 26 October 2010.
- "Basingstoke and Deane Wards info". 2010. Retrieved 26 October 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St Mary Bourne.|