St Michael's Hospital, Hayle
|St Michael's Hospital|
|Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust|
St Michael's Hospital and The Downes Residential Care Home (in the trees ahead)
|Location||Hayle, Cornwall, England, United Kingdom|
|Care system||Public NHS|
|Emergency department||No Accident & Emergency|
|Lists||Hospitals in England|
Following the donation by Miss Frances Ellis of some property in Hayle to the Congregation of the Daughters of the Cross of Liege in 1904, the Daughters of the Cross established a convent in The Downes, Miss Ellis's former manor house, and a hospital on an adjacent part of the site in 1913.
After the Daughters of the Cross experienced some financial difficulties paying for the running of the hospital, the Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust acquired the hospital from the Daughters of the Cross in November 2003. The convent became The Downes Residential Care Home at the same time.
- "The Downes (St Michael's Convent)". Historic England. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "St Michael's Hospital". Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "Purchase of St Michael's Hospital". Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust. Archived from the original on 12 November 2008. Retrieved 17 December 2006.
- "The Downes". Care Home. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "St Michael's Hospital – Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust – Excellence in breast and orthopedic services". Retrieved 15 September 2018.