St Patrick's College, Shorncliffe
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|St Patrick's College, Shorncliffe|
|Type||Private, Single-sex and Day|
Latin: Certa Bonum Certamen|
("Fight the Good Fight")
|Years offered||Years 5–12|
|Colour(s)||Green and Gold|
|Affiliations||Associated Independent Colleges, Christian Brothers|
Park Parade entrance
Established by the Congregation of Christian Brothers in 1952, the college currently enrols approximately 1340 students across eight grades (Years 5 to 12). SPC is one of eight member schools a part of the Associated Independent Colleges (AIC) and also competes in the Combined Independent Colleges (CIC) in the junior school. The current school captain is Daniel Champness.
St Patrick’s is a member of the Associated Independent Colleges (AIC) and the Combined Independent Colleges (CIC) and participates in both associations’ sporting competitions and events. Students in Year 8–12 compete in the AIC and Years 5 – 7 in the CIC. Both sporting competitions are conducted across the entire school year and consist of a wide range of sports. The school has had great success in the field of AIC Cross Country with 5 overall Aggregate Premierships (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014).
There are nine houses at SPC: Coffey, Kennedy, Mooney, O'Rourke, Quane, Rice, Ryan, Treacy and Xavier. The most recent house championship was won by O'Rourke house in 2017. The 2018 house championship is currently underway.
- Justice Tony Fitzgerald – chaired Queensland's anti-corruption Inquiry in the late 1980s Fitzgerald Inquiry and several other Inquiries.
- Michael Crocker – NRL, Queensland State of Origin and Australian Kangaroos player
- Drew Mitchell – New South Wales Waratahs / Australian Rugby Union player
- Cheynee Stiller – AFL
- Jayson Bukuya – Rugby league player
- Sam Simpson – Olympic gymnast
- Kyle Noke – Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Nathan Corbett – W.K.N. Muay Thai Heavyweight World Champion
- Jesse Mogg – Professional Rugby Player for Montpellier and former Wallaby
- Brendan Whitecross – AFL Player for the Hawthorn Hawks
- Frank Dunell - First Queenslander to play in a VFL/AFL Premiership (1984) playing for the Essendon Football Club.
- Adam White – Australian Olympic Volleyball Player (Indoor)
- Dylan Napa – NRL Player for the Sydney Roosters
- Lolo Fakaosilea – Rugby Union Player for the ACT Brumbies
- Corey Wagner – AFL Player for the North Melbourne Kangaroos
- Josh Wagner – AFL Player for the Melbourne Demons
- Joseph Champness – A-League Player for the Newcastle Jets
- Jeral Skelton – Rugby Union player for Australia 7s
|Wikinews has related news: Twelve-year-old schoolboy stabbed, dies in Brisbane, Australia|
On 15 February 2010, twelve-year-old Elliot Fletcher was stabbed in the playground by a thirteen-year-old classmate before dying shortly upon arrival at hospital. The two students found themselves in a quarrel in the playground of the Catholic school.
- List of schools in Queensland
- Associated Independent Colleges
- Combined Independent Colleges
- Private Schools Guide