St Raphael's Estate
St Raphael's Estate is a housing estate in Neasden and part of the London Borough of Brent in Northwest London, England. A community centre is located within the estate on Rainborough Close. It forms part of the NW10 postcode.
The low-density estate was built between 1967 and 1982, although some of the land dates back further as Brentfield Estate. It has about 1,174 properties of which the vast majority are owned by the local Brent authority. The estate has a relatively high rate of child poverty, and its geographic location makes it somewhat isolated from Wembley or other retail town centres. To its east, St Raphael's Estate is cut by the A406 North Circular Road dual carriageway, while to its west the River Brent and a recreational ground separates it from the Tokyngton locality of Wembley. The superstores of Brent Park are directly to its north.
It is proposed as of 2010 that 21 new homes will be built on the estate.
The majority of the inhabitants are of Afro-Caribbean heritage.
Two London bus routes terminate at Pifield Way: the 224 and the 232. The 92 terminates at Drury Way ("St Raphael's North"). Because St Raphael's is very close to Brent Park, there are links to many other bus routes, at IKEA and Tesco, and along the North Circular Road.
- Raheem Sterling - footballer.
- George the Poet - musician
- Emmanuel Abebe - footballer
- Chunkz - entertainer
- Tazer Black - entertainer
Notable sites and organisations
- Sufra - a local charity that is run in the location.
- St. Raphael's Edible Garden - A public growing garden for local residents which is a part of Sufra.
- "New homes at St Raphael's". 17 June 2010. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- "St Raphael's Community Centre". Brent Brain. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
|This article about a London building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|