Church of St Stephen, Saltash
|Church of St Stephen, Saltash|
|Location||Saltash, Cornwall, PL12 4AP|
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Functional status||Parish church|
|Heritage designation||Grade I listed|
|Designated||17 January 1952|
|Years built||15th century|
|Parish||St. Stephen by Saltash|
|Archdeaconry||Archdeaconry of Bodmin|
|Diocese||Diocese of Truro|
|Priest in charge||The Revd Cathy Sigrist|
|Assistant priest(s)||The Revd Pam Sellix
The Revd Diane Burrows
|Reader(s)||Lesley Margetts, Brenton Blandford|
There was originally a 13th-century church on the same site; it had been consecrated in 1259. The present church dates to the 15th century. The church building itself consists of three aisles, five bays, and a three-stage tower. The slate roof is dated to 1866.
The parish of St. Stephen by Saltash is part of the Saltash Team Ministry in the Archdeaconry of Bodmin of the Diocese of Truro. St Stephen's is part of the Benefice of Saltash alongside the Church of St Nicholas and St Faith, Saltash. The patrons of the parish are the Dean and the Canons of Windsor.
Monumental brass of Marie Stradling (died 1613)
- Historic England. "Church of St Stephen (1140379)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "About us - St Stephens by Saltash". Saltash Team Ministry. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "St Stephen-by-Saltash: St Stephen, Saltash". A Church Near You. Archbishops' Council. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Saltash - Diocese of Truro". A Church Near You. Archbishops' Council. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- Philip Murphy, 'Boyd, Alan Tindal Lennox-, first Viscount Boyd of Merton (1904–1983)', Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004; online edn, Jan 2016 accessed 7 June 2017
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St Stephen's Church, Saltash.|