|Headquarters|| 46 Robb Street
The Stabroek News is a privately owned newspaper published in Guyana.
It was first published in November 1986, first as a weekly but it later changed to a daily print newspaper. The entry of the paper into the mass media in Guyana brought a new openness to the media environment in the country.
Stabroek News is also the sole distributor of DirecTV Caribbean in Guyana.
There has been some controversy recently as illegal distributors of DirecTV Caribbean in Guyana have not provided services to those who have paid for it.
- Gordon, Ken (1999). Getting It Write: Winning Caribbean Press Freedom. Ian Randle Publishers. p. 88.
- Surlin, Stuart; Soderlund, Walter C. (1991). Mass Media and the Caribbean. Gordon and Breach. p. 78.
- David DeCaires, editor in Guyana, dies at 70. International Herald Tribune. November 1, 2008.
- "Berbicians cry fraud over DirecTV service". 11 May 2010.
- Stabroek News website
- Raval Online RSS feed from various News Agencies about Guyana including Stabroek News.
|This Guyana article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|