|Elevation||453 ft (138 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||444041|
An old variant name of the community was called Nash Depot.
A post office was established under the name Nash Depot in 1854, and operated until it was discontinued in 1875. Another post office opened under the name Stacer in 1892, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1920. The community was named for Frederick Stacer, an early settler.
Stacer is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "Stacer, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "USGS detail on Stacer - Variant Citation". Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "Vanderburgh County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- Exploring Indiana Highways: Trip Trivia. Exploring America's Highway. 2007. p. 234. ISBN 978-0-9744358-3-1.
|This Vanderburgh County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|