This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Remix album by The Beach Boys|
|Released||August 19, 1968|
|Recorded||July 1963 – June 1968|
|Producer||The Beach Boys|
|The Beach Boys chronology|
|Encyclopedia of Popular Music|||
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
Stack-o-Tracks is an album release by The Beach Boys containing backing tracks to fifteen of their songs spanning their career to that point. It was issued at one of their lowest commercial ebbs in the U.S., Stack-o-Tracks became the first Beach Boys album to fail to reach the US or UK charts. Until 1992's Summer in Paradise, it would remain their only official release to have this distinction.
The album included a booklet with the bass lines, lead lines, chords and lyrics (to sing along with). Stack-o-Tracks quickly disappeared and was out of print for two decades. In 1990, Capitol Records re-issued it on CD, and again in 2001 - both releases without the booklet that accompanied the vinyl edition.
- "Darlin' " – 2:12
- "Salt Lake City" – 1:58
- "Sloop John B" (Trad. arr. Brian Wilson) – 3:04
- "In My Room" (Brian Wilson/Gary Usher) – 2:13
- "Catch a Wave" – 2:00
- "Wild Honey" – 2:35
- "Little Saint Nick" – 1:49
- "Do It Again" – 2:11
- "Wouldn't It Be Nice" (Brian Wilson/Tony Asher/Mike Love) – 2:11
- "God Only Knows" (Brian Wilson/Tony Asher) – 2:37
- "Surfer Girl" (Brian Wilson) – 2:16
- "Little Honda" – 1:36
- "Here Today" (Brian Wilson/Tony Asher) – 3:06
- "You're So Good to Me" – 1:55
- "Let Him Run Wild" – 2:13
In 1990, Stack-o-Tracks was paired on CD with Beach Boys' Party!, with bonus instrumental tracks. While Stack-o-Tracks was originally available only in mono or Duophonic sound, the CD includes true stereo mixes of several tracks.
Stack-o-Tracks (Capitol (D) KAO 2893) failed to chart in either the U.S. or the UK.
- Unterberger, Richie. Stack-o-Tracks at AllMusic
- Larkin, Colin, ed. (2006). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music (4th ed.). London: Oxford University Press. p. 479. ISBN 978-0-19-531373-4.
- Brackett, Nathan; with Hoard, Christian, eds. (2004). The New Rolling Stone Album Guide (4th ed.). New York, NY: Fireside/Simon & Schuster. p. 46. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8.