Stacy performs during Juara Lagu 2008
Stracie Angie Anam
18 August 1990
Afiq Hakim Ahmad (m. 2016)
|Parent(s)||Anam Bayar (father)|
Agnes Kaloos (mother)
|Relatives||Chaq Mentor (brother)|
|Labels||Maestro/ Astro Talent/ Rocketfuel Entertainment (2008-2018)|
Warner Music Malaysia (2011–2014)
|Associated acts||Adira, Akim Ahmad, KRU|
Ummu Syaikhah Stacy binti Anam (born 18 August 1990), known professionally as Stacy, is a Malaysian singer, songwriter who rose to fame after winning the sixth season of Akademi Fantasia, receiving 43% of over 3.8 million votes. Her debut album, Aku Stacy, was released on 9 March 2009. She's also known as Malaysia's Dancing Queen, and has been cited as "Ratu Pop".
- 1 Musical career
- 2 Discography
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Awards and nominations
- 6 Endorsements
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Stacy competed against thirteen other contestants to win Season 6 of Akademi Fantasia. The judging panel often harbours her performances with praises every week for being consistent, which implied her as the front-runner of the season. Ramli M.S., the academy principal of AF6 complimented Stacy as a loyal student who is very serious in learning something new. According to him, Stacy is always focus during each lesson and applied all the lessons that she learned during her performances on stage. Throughout the competition, Stacy remained at top three when the voting session was closed at the end of every concert, with four collective highest votes. Before the finale concert, three out of four media reporters predicted her to be the winner of the show. At the end of the finale, the prediction came true when she was crowned as the sixth winner of the show, beating four other students, with a vote of 43%.
|Akademi Fantasia season 6 performances and results|
|Week||Instructed Songs||Original Artist||Result #|
|Week 1||"No One"||Alicia Keys||2|
|Week 3||"Pelesit Kota"||Kumpulan Search||1|
|Week 4||"Cinta Khayalan"||Bob AF2/Stacy||2|
|Week 5||"Makhluk Tuhan Paling Sexy"||Mulan Jameela||2|
|Week 6||"Don't Speak"||No Doubt||1|
|Week 7||"Hati"||Siti Nurhaliza||1|
|Week 8||"Gembira Hidup Ini"||Farah AF2||3|
|Week 9||"Beat It"
"Ada Cinta" (Duet with Nubhan)
Acha Septriasa & Irwansyah
|Finale||"Atas Nama Cinta"
2008–2010: Aku Stacy
Stacy's coronation song "Aku Stacy" was released immediately after her win and it became a huge success. The song quickly became her first number one single in Carta Era for two weeks, as well as topping Carta 30 Era at number one. It stayed in the chart for 22 weeks, making its own history as one of the songs that stayed in the chart for a long period of time. The single also entered Muzik FM chart at number 9. The song slowly climbed to top the chart at No. 1, making it as Stacy's first No. 1 single in the chart. In Hot FM 30, the song only managed to peak at number 14 before finally dropping out from the chart. In Muzik Muzik, it peaked at No. 3.
Following the successful release of her first single, Stacy's own show "Aku Stacy" was launched in Astro Ria. The show featured her journey in the entertainment industry after her win. In the meantime, her first compilation live album, The Best of Stacy was released in September 2008 which featured all of her ten performances in Akademi Fantasia, excluding the fifth concert. The album was well-received as it sold thousand copies in the first week.
In December 2008, the song "Aku Stacy" made it to the final round of Anugerah Juara Lagu, an annual award show in Malaysia to honour the best Malay song every year, a rare accomplishment made by newcomers in the industry.Despite her busy schedules to be fully prepared for Anugerah Juara Lagu, Stacy's second single, "Gagap", premiered in the season finale of Sehati Berdansa. The song is commercially successful as it becomes her second single to reach Top 5 in most charts. In Carta Era, the single has peaked at number 2 and was held off by Adam's "Benar-Benar". In Carta Hot Fm, the song debuted at number 17 and went to peak at number 5. The song also entered Carta Muzik FM at number 10, and eventually peaked at number 4. In Carta Muzik Muzik, the second peaked at number 2, being held of by Adam's "Benar-Benar". Along with Nubhan, fellow student of AF6, Stacy was listed fourth in Murai's list of "Most Outstanding Newcomers of 2008".
In February 2009, Stacy was short-listed as the top 5 finalist for three major categories in Anugerah Bintang Popular, namely Most Popular Artiste, Most Popular Female New Artist, as well as Most Popular Female Singer, where she was voted as the Most Popular Female New Artist. Stacy was also given a certificate of recognition by Sabah's Ministry of Sport and Youth (KBS) for her on-going efforts to improve herself as a newcomer in entertainment industry. She was also recognised as Sabah's youth icon and idol in the entertainment industry.
Her debut album, Aku Stacy, was released on 9 March 2009. She worked closely with notable local composers such as Ajai, Adi Mok as well as Edry KRU and Kieran Kuek. Just like the previous winners of Akademi Fantasia, she gets the opportunity to launch her album in her own town which takes place in Kota Kinabalu.
Stacy's third single, "Pakai Buang" was released on 9 May 2009. The song slowly climbs national charts and so far is peaking at No. 5 in Carta Muzik FM. In Carta Muzik Muzik, "Pakai Buang" debuted at number 5 and is currently peaking at No. 4. In June 2009, Stacy was nominated in Shout! Awards 2009 for the category of Popstar Award, in which she won. She was also being nominated in two categories of 2009 Anugerah Planet Muzik, which are Best Vocal Performance in a Song for New Female Artiste as well as Most Popular Malaysian Artiste which was won by Siti Nurhaliza by only 1%. Stacy was voted second.
In March 2011, Stacy participated in Astro Mania! contest where Malaysia's established singers compete amongst themselves to be crowned the Superstar. Stacy was selected by M. Nasir to join his red team. She remained at Top 5 every week in the competition until the finals. She ended up as runner-up winning RM250,000.
Her second album, entitled Stay-C was released on 9 September 2011. The album contains eight new songs, with the lead radio single, Kisah Dongeng. The album is produced by Astro and distributed by Warner Music Malaysia.
On 11 November 2011, Stacy's new single "Kasanova" was officially launched with behind the scenes footage, special acoustics performances and the world premiere of Kasanova music video.
"Pelangi Senja" was released as the third single from Stay-C. The song was a commercial success, peaking atop Hot.fm and Muzik Muzik charts. The ballad showcased Stacy's versatile vocals, with critics praising her vocal performance in the song. The song was also hailed at No.2 as the most popular song in Malaysia in 2012. Stacy managed to get to the final of the 27th Anugerah Juara Lagu. The video was released in July 2012.
The success of her final single from Stay-C, "Bosan" is proven when the song managed to compete in the grand final of AJL28 in January 2014. It was her fifth time competing in the final round of the most prestigious musical event in Malaysia. Her performance was received with mixed reviews by critics.
Stacy's third album, #1 was released on 17 May 2014 at Zouk KL. The album contains 10 songs, including the single, "Gilalah" and the collaboration with Indonesian boyband, SM*SH, "Hello". The album has 2 CDs, whereby CD2 features remix version of the songs. Besides Malaysia, the album was released in Singapore, Indonesia and Brunei. The album proved Stacy's artistry as she was involved directly in the making of the album from the beginning to the end.
Stacy proved herself once again as a consistent artist when her first single "Gilalah" made it to the final of AJL29 in 2015. "Gilalah" was a commercial success, having been played on the mainstream radios such as ERA.fm and Hot.fm every so often. It was the first song where Stacy was involved in making the lyrics totally. The video of the single was directed by herself and first showed exclusively on MeleTop.
In September 2014, Stacy released the video of "Patah" a promotional single from the album. Despite the solid vocal performance, the song failed to crack the radio charts.
Stacy made a triumphant comeback to the music and radio charts with her third single, "Not For Sale" featuring Malaysian famous rapper Altimet, which charted highly on most radio charts, as well as topping the Muzik-Muzik charts. "Not For Sale" also became a soundtrack for Malay popular drama "Tuan Anas Mikael". The accompanying music video was released on 4 August 2015. The song also brought Stacy to her 7th AJL appearance in January 2016. Although she was sick a day before her performance, she wowed the audiences with her vocals and moves.
It is confirmed that Stacy would release a new single entitled "Romeo" in December 2015. The single was later released on 30 January 2016. Her husband, Akim wrote the song for her. After her marriage with Akim, she released a song called "Bila-Bila" which discusses her love for her husband. The song was released on Team Sangat Gila Stacy channel on YouTube on 22 October 2016. Stacy later took a break from music due to pregnancy and taking care of her family.
2017-present: Cakap Ke Tangan and Rhyme & Rhythm Music Entertainment (R&R)
After about a year hiatus, Stacy released her new dance-pop single titled "Cakap Ke Tangan" on 25 August 2017. The song is written by her husband, Akim Ahmad and Laq. The official music video for the single was released on 13 October 2017 and is directed by Casper, whom she works with for "Not For Sale" video.
In July 2018, Stacy announced that she is not renewing her contract with her management company, Rocketfuel Entertainment. She has been with the company since her Akademi Fantasia debut in 2008. She also announced that she has set-up her own talent management company, Rhyme & Rhythm Music Entertainment with husband, Akim.
|2008||The Best of Stacy
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|Era||Hot FM 30||Muzik FM||Muzik Muzik|
|2008||"Aku Stacy"||1||14||1||1||Aku Stacy|
|2015||"Not For Sale" (feat. Altimet)||7||3||–||1|
|2017||"Cakap Ke Tangan"||–||–||–||–|
|"-" denotes releases that did not chart.|
- Salam Lebaran with Hot FM announcer 2011, Shila, Faizal Tahir, Shahir, Akim, Black, Hafiz, Ayu, Tomok and Mawi (Hangatnya Raya Hot FM)
- Bunga Api Di Hati with Fara Fauzana, Shila and Sharifah Aleya (Hangatnya Raya Hot FM)
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|Era!||Hot FM 30!||Muzik FM!||Muzik Muzik|
|2012||Kembali (with Akim)||Akim Ahmad|
|2013||Semalam Tanpamu (with KRU)||KRUNOMENA|
|Hello (with SM*SH)||#1|
- "Raya Datang Lagi" – Rumah Baru, Bini Baru, Baru Raya (Astro Prima Aidilfitri Special) (2008)
- "Rasa-rasa Cinta" – Sayang You Can Dance OST (2009)
- "Menggegar Dunia" – My Spy OST (2009)
- "Primadona" – My Spy OST (2009)
- "Kisah Kita" – K.I.T.A. (drama series) (2010)
- "Kata Kau" – Kata Kau (Astro Ria gameshow) (2010)
- "Lihatlah Dunia" – Dottie (drama series) (2010)
- "Jahatnya Cinta" (with Akim) – for the 'Say it with Cornetto Style' campaign (2011).
Stacy was born in Kota Kinabalu to Anam Bayar and Agnes Kaloos. She began her studies at SRK St. Joseph, then to St. Michael's Secondary School, Penampang. Due to her family's financial problem, she had no choice but to drop out of school at the age of 16 when she was in Secondary 4. To support her family, she became a singer in local clubs.
Prior to her audition for AF6, Stacy tried out for other notable singing reality shows, such as One in a Million 1, and also Gang Starz in which she teamed up with her brother, Camellus De'lleli Anam, to form a group named E-voke. However, she only made it to the semi-finals before they were booted out. Her decision to audition for AF6 was derived from her mother's suggestion as soon as she turned 18.
Stacy was also given a full scholarship to continue her studies in Limkokwing University Of Creative Technology. She studied in diploma of music and art, and began her first semester in February 2010.
Stacy was a Christian before embracing Islam in August 2015, and chose Ummu Syaikhah Stacy binti Anam as her Muslim name. Stacy married Malaysian singer-songwriter Akim Ahmad in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah in 2016. On 17 February 2017, the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Eshaal.
|2016||Romantika Raya||Herself||Astro Production alongside Akim|
Awards and nominations
|2008||Sabah Ministry Youth & Sports||Sabah Youth Icon Award||Stacy||Won|
|Akademi Fantasia (season 6)||1st Place Winner||Stacy||Won|
|Anugerah Juara Lagu 23||Aku Stacy||Stacy||Nominated|
|2009||Anugerah Bintang Popular Berita Harian 22||Popular New Female Artist||Stacy||Won|
|Anugerah Planet Muzik||Best New Female Artist||Stacy||Nominated|
|Most Popular Malaysian Artist||Stacy||Nominated|
|Shout! Awards||Popstar Award||Stacy||Won|
|JCI The Outstanding Young Persons of Sabah||Cultural and Artistic Achievement||Stacy||Won|
|Anugerah Juara Lagu 24||Pakai Buang||Stacy||Nominated|
|Hotlink People's Choice Award||Pakai Buang||Won|
|2010||Anugerah Bintang Popular Berita Harian 23||Popular Female Singer||Stacy||Nominated|
|HipTV Awards||Cutest Artist||Stacy||Won|
|Anugerah Industri Muzik 17||Best Pop Album||Aku Stacy||Nominated|
|Anugerah Juara Lagu 25||Jahat||Stacy||Nominated|
|2011||Anugerah Bintang Popular Berita Harian 24||Popular Female Singer||Stacy||Nominated|
|DiGi WWWOW Awards||Fave Malaysian Female Online Celebrity||Stacy||Won|
|2012||Pilihan Pembaca Media Hiburan||Anugerah Artis Stylo||Stacy||Won|
|Anugerah Bintang Popular Berita Harian 25||Popular Female Singer||Stacy||Nominated|
|Most Popular Female Artist Online||Stacy||Won|
|Anugerah Industri Muzik 19||Best Album||Stay-C||Nominated|
|Best Song Arrangement||Kasanova||Nominated|
|Best Music Video||Pelangi Senja||Nominated|
|Anugerah MACP 2012||Malay song: Highest Performance Category||Pakai Buang||Won|
|2013||Anugerah Juara Lagu 27||Pelangi Senja||Stacy||Nominated|
|Shorty Awards (Fifth Annual)||Best Singer in Social Media||Stacy||Nominated|
|Best Reality Star in Social Media||Stacy||Nominated|
|Best Music in Social Media||Stacy||Nominated|
|Shout! Awards||Music Video Award||Stacy feat. KRU||Won|
|Anugerah Industri Muzik 20||Best Pop Song||Bosan||Nominated|
|2014||Anugerah Juara Lagu 28||Bosan||Stacy||Nominated|
|Anugerah Bintang Popular Berita Harian 27||Popular Female Singer||Stacy||Won|
|Duo Artist/Group Popular||Stacy with Akim||Won|
|2015||Anugerah Juara Lagu 29||Gilalah||Stacy||Nominated|
|Anugerah Industri Muzik 21||Best Album||#1||Nominated|
|Best Album Cover||#1||Won|
|Anugerah Planet Muzik||Best Duo/Group (Berteman Sepi)||Stacy feat. Ungu||Nominated|
|Best Collaboration (Berteman Sepi)||Stacy feat. Ungu||Nominated|
|2016||Anugerah Juara Lagu 30||Not For Sale||Stacy feat. Altimet||Nominated|
|Anugerah Pilihan Online||Best Female Singer||Stacy||Nominated|
|Anugerah Industri Muzik 22||Best Music Video||"Not For Sale"||Won|
|2017||Anugerah Meletop Era||Couple Meletop||Herself (shared with Akim)||Won|
|2018||Anugerah Meletop Era||Couple Meletop||Herself (shared with Akim)||Nominated|
Stacy is currently the ambassador for Clinelle (a skin care product), Cornetto, SilkyGirl and Intimate. In 2013, she was appointed as Drive M7 (an energy drink) ambassador, together with Aaron Aziz and Fizo Omar. Stacy also appears in Kit Kat and Digi advertisements along with her husband, Akim Ahmad.
- Zanariah Abd Mutalib (25 May 2008). "Stacy juara AF6" (in Malay). mStar. Archived from the original on 18 March 2017. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "7 Stacy Music Videos to Watch". World Stage: MTV Southeast Asia. 7 September 2015. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Muhammad Zaini Mohd Zain. "Stacy Kembali Beraksi Dengan 'Cakap Ke Tangan'" (in Malay). Lifestyle & Youth Bernama. Archived from the original on 17 October 2017. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- Curly Jow. "Tiada Siapa Boleh Merampas Gelaran Ratu Pop Daripada Stacy!" (in Malay). Cosmopolitan.my. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- Siti Azira Abd Aziz (31 March 2008). "AF6: Stacy paling menyerlah" (in Malay). mStar. Archived from the original on 18 March 2017. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Stacy bakal beraksi di MTV World Stage 2015". Utusan Borneo (in Malay). PressReader. 2 September 2015. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Shout! Awards Winners". Voize. 18 July 2009. Archived from the original on 20 July 2009. Retrieved 30 July 2009.
- "Inilah 20 Lagu Terpopuler Malaysia Saat Ini". Tribun News (in Indonesian). TribunSeleb. 12 December 2012. Archived from the original on 18 March 2017. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- Ifqdar Rahman (29 January 2014). "AJL28 memuaskan" (in Malay). Utusan Malaysia. Archived from the original on 18 March 2017. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- Zaidi Mohamad (29 November 2014). "Saingan sengit 12 finalis AJL 29" (in Malay). Berita Harian. Archived from the original on 18 March 2017. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- Syarrizuan Abdul Rashid (23 January 2016). "Stacy abai kesakitan demi AJL30" (in Malay). Berita Harian. Archived from the original on 18 March 2017. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- Kemalia Othman (1 December 2015). "Akim Ahmad Cipta Lagu Tentang Kisah Cinta Dengan Stacy" (in Malay). mStar. Archived from the original on 18 March 2017. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Stacy Recent Post Status". Instagram. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Cakap Ke Tangan - Single". Apple Music. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- Aref Omar. "Stacy hands out world class act with Cakap Ke Tangan MV". New Straits Times. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- Sudirman Mohd Tahir (27 July 2018). "Tempuh kehidupan baru" (in Malay). Harian Metro. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- Masnah Abdul (20 December 2008). "Carta Lagu [Carta Minggu 49/2008]" (in Malay). Muzik FM. Archived from the original on 20 December 2008. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- Astro Gempak (19 August 2017). "'Cakap Ke Tangan' mesej Stacy kepada golongan yang selalu cari kekurangan orang lain" (in Malay). Astro Awani. Retrieved 14 October 2017.
- "Carta Hit ERA 40" (in Malay). Era FM. Archived from the original on 19 June 2011. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Hot FM 30" (in Malay). Hot FM. Archived from the original on 5 May 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- "[Muzik Muzik] Carta 20 Carta Mingguan". Gua.com (in Malay). Muzik Muzik 27. Archived from the original on 3 September 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- Nur Aqidah Azizi (25 August 2015). "Stacy embraces Islam (with video)". New Straits Times. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- Rosie Haslinda Nasir (13 June 2016). "[EKSKLUSIF] Tahun Pertama Ummu Syaikhah Stacy Menyambut Ramadan Sebagai Muslimah dan Isteri" (in Malay). Astro Awani. Archived from the original on 18 March 2017. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Wahida Asrani (28 May 2007). "Gang Starz: Colabr8 kecewa keputusan TV3" (in Malay). mStar. Archived from the original on 18 March 2017. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "AF6 winner Stacy receives scholarship to study at Limkokwing music academy". Utusan Malaysia. Limkokwing University of Creative Technology. 23 July 2008. Archived from the original on 11 January 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Sandra Sokial (5 February 2016). "Akim weds Stacy, and falls in love all over again with his bride". The Rakyat Post. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "Stacy selamat bersalin anak perempuan" (in Malay). Sinar Harian. 17 February 2017. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- Kenneth Chaw (1 July 2016). "Singers Akim and Stacy's first Hari Raya as husband and wife". Star2.com. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Azhariah Kamin (25 May 2008). "Stacy wins Akademi Fantasia 6". The Star. Retrieved 29 September 2018.
- Zaidi Mohamad (12 March 2018). "Stacy harap tuah lagu ciptaan Hael" (in Malay). Berita Harian. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- Zaidi Mohamad (16 September 2015). "Anugerah Planet Muzik: Siti Nurhaliza, Taufik paling banyak terima pencalonan" (in Malay). Berita Harian. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- "Keputusan penuh pemenang APO2016" (in Malay). mStar. Archived from the original on 1 July 2016. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- Nabihah Hamid (19 December 2016). "Siti Nurhaliza menang besar, bawa pulang empat trofi AIM 2016" (in Malay). The Malay Mail ProjekMM. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- Farhana Ab Rahman (24 April 2017). "Akim, Stacy wakilkan anak terima anugerah" (in Malay). Berita Harian. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- Syahirah Mokhtazar (24 January 2018). "(Showbiz) Fans furious 'Fattzura' not listed in AME 2018's Couple MeleTop category". New Straits Times. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- KHC (26 June 2010). "Her happiness shows". The Star. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Siti Azira Abd. Aziz (18 February 2011). "Akim, Stacy Dilantik Duta 'Cornetto' Perkukuh Hubungan Cinta?" (in Malay). mStar. Archived from the original on 18 March 2017. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Kemalia Othman (19 May 2011). "Minyak Wangi Dicipta Khas Kerana Faizal Tahir" (in Malay). mStar. Archived from the original on 18 March 2017. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
Selain Faizal Tahir, Stacy juga turut dilantik sebagai jurucakap produk berkenaan untuk wanita iaitu Silky Girl. [Translation: Aside Faizal Tahir, Stacy also been appointed as spokeswoman of women beauty product of Silky Girl.]
- "Introduction". M7 Energy Drink. Archived from the original on 18 March 2017. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
In 2013 we have added few more public figure and celebrities into the list of ambassadors endorsing our porducts. Fizo Omar (actor, host) and Stacy (singer) had come onboard in early 2013 to join us and Jepp Sepahtu (Raja Lawak, Maharaja Lawak Winner) just recently.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stacy (singer).|
| Akademi Fantasia winner
Stracie Angie Anam (2008)
Mohd Hafiz Mohd Suip