Martin in May 2017
|Alma mater||London College of Communication|
Stacy Martin (born 20 March 1990) is a French actress. Her breakthrough role was playing the younger version of Charlotte Gainsbourg's character Joe in Lars von Trier's 2013 drama film Nymphomaniac.
Martin was born on 20 March 1990 in Paris, where she spent her early childhood. She moved to Tokyo, Japan, when she was seven, where she lived with her French father, René Martin, a hairstylist, and her English mother, Annette, until she was thirteen. She then returned to Paris. After finishing school, she moved to London to study Media and Cultural Studies at the London College of Communication whilst modelling on the side. She studied the Meisner technique of acting at the Actors' Temple.
In 2013, Martin starred as Young Joe aged 15 to 31, in Lars von Trier's drama film Nymphomaniac. For her role in the film, which had real sex scenes and featured hardcore porn in some cases, Martin had a "porn double" and used a prosthetic vagina. The role got her nominated for a Bodil Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role. She was also a part of the Breakthrough Brits of 2014 which was organized by BAFTA to recognize emerging talents. She played Faye in Ben Wheatley's 2015 film High-Rise, and Young Dora in Matteo Garrone's Tale of Tales, also in 2015.
Martin was a part of the Rag & Bone Spring 2014 campaign alongside Emile Hirsch. She also modelled for Miu Miu in their 2014 and 2015 Fall/Winter campaigns. She is also the face of Miu Miu's first fragrance.
|2015||Tale of Tales||Young Dora|
|2015||Subjective Reality||Model||Short film|
|2015||The Lady in the Car with Glasses and a Gun||Anita|
|2015||The Childhood of a Leader||The Teacher|
|2017||The Last Photograph||Bird|
|2017||All the Money in the World||J. Paul Getty's assistant|
|2018||Treat Me Like Fire||Ella|
|2019||Casanova, Last Love||Marianne de Charpillon|
|2019||Halo of Stars||Girl in Night Store||Post-production|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Nymphomaniac||Bodil Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role||Nominated|
|2014||Nymphomaniac||Robert Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role||Nominated|
- Jo Ellison (21 March 2014). "The Nymph: Stacy Martin in Vogue". Vogue. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "5 Things about Stacy Martin, the Nymphomaniac". Swide. 19 March 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Fan Zhong (19 March 2014). "Stacy Martin Is a Pro". W Magazine. Archived from the original on 10 July 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Charlotte Cripps (19 February 2013). "Nymphomaniac star Stacy Martin talks sex, nudity and porn doubles". Independent. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Emma Brown (December 2013). "The Young Parisian". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Kevin Jagernauth (30 June 2014). "Ben Wheatley's 'High Rise' Adds 'Nymphomaniac' Actress". Indie Wire. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "'All the Money in the World's' Stacy Martin Joins Natalie Portman in 'Vox Lux'". Variety. 31 January 2018. Retrieved 24 February 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stacy Martin.|