Martin in May 2017
1 January 1991|
|Alma mater||London College of Communication|
Stacy Martin (born 1 January 1991) is a French actress. She is best known for her breakthrough role as the younger version of Charlotte Gainsbourg's character Joe in Lars von Trier's 2013 drama film Nymphomaniac.
Martin was born on 1 January 1991, and spent her early childhood in Paris. She moved to Tokyo, Japan when she was seven, where she lived with her French father, René, a hairstylist, and her English mother, Annette, until she was thirteen. She then returned to Paris. After finishing school, she moved to London to study Media and Cultural Studies at the London College of Communication whilst modelling on the side. She studied the Meisner technique of acting at the Actors’ Temple.
In 2013, Martin starred as Young Joe aged 15 to 31, in Lars von Trier's drama film Nymphomaniac. For her role in the film, which had real sex scenes and featured hardcore porn in some cases, Martin had a "porn double" and used a prosthetic vagina. The role got her nominated for a Bodil Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role. She was also a part of the Breakthrough Brits of 2014 which was organized by BAFTA to recognize emerging talents. She played Faye in Ben Wheatley's 2015 film High-Rise, and Young Dora in Matteo Garrone's Tale of Tales, also in 2015.
Martin was a part of the Rag & Bone Spring 2014 campaign alongside Emile Hirsch. She also modelled for Miu Miu in their 2014 and 2015 Fall/Winter campaigns. She is also the face of Miu Miu's first fragrance.
|2013||Nymphomaniac||Young Joe||Nominated - Bodil Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role|
|2015||Tale of Tales||Young Dora|
|2015||The Lady in the Car with Glasses and a Gun||Anita|
|2015||The Childhood of a Leader|
|2017||Halo of Stars||Girl in Night Store|
|2017||The Last Photograph||Bird|
|2017||3 Way Junction||Lisa|
|2017||All the Money in the World||J. Paul Getty's assistant|
|2018||Treat Me Like Fire||Ella|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Nymphomaniac||Bodil Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role||Nominated|
|2014||Nymphomaniac||Robert Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role||Nominated|
- "5 Things about Stacy Martin, the Nymphomaniac". Swide. 19 March 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Cite error: The named reference
voguewas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- Fan Zhong (19 March 2014). "Stacy Martin Is a Pro". W Magazine. Archived from the original on 10 July 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Charlotte Cripps (19 February 2013). "Nymphomaniac star Stacy Martin talks sex, nudity and porn doubles". Independent. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Jo Ellison (21 March 2014). "The Nymph: Stacy Martin in Vogue". Vogue. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Emma Brown (December 2013). "The Young Parisian". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- Kevin Jagernauth (30 June 2014). "Ben Wheatley's 'High Rise' Adds 'Nymphomaniac' Actress". Indie Wire. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "'All the Money in the World's' Stacy Martin Joins Natalie Portman in 'Vox Lux'". Variety. January 31, 2018. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stacy Martin.|