This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018)
|Born||September 29, 1944|
|Died||June 5, 2018 (aged 73)|
Hartford, Connecticut, U.S.
|Genres||Americana, Bluegrass, Klezmer|
|Instruments||Dobro, Resonator guitar, Fiddle|
Stacy Phillips (September 29, 1944 – June 5, 2018)Birth name, Melvin Marshall, was an American Grammy Award winning resophonic guitarist and fiddler, noted for his unusual chord-based resophonic guitar playing. Phillips is also noted for producing a large volume of instructional material for the fiddle and for the resophonic guitar.
- Phillips, Stacy (1984). Hot Licks for Bluegrass Fiddle. Oak Publications. ISBN 0825602890.
- Phillips, Stacy; Kosek, Kenny (1992). Bluegrass Fiddle Styles. Music Sales America. ISBN 9780825601859.
- Phillips, Stacy (1992). The Dobro Book. Music Sales America. ISBN 9780825601835.
- Phillips, Stacy (1994). The Phillips Collection of American Fiddle Tunes Vol 1. Mel Bay Publications, Inc. ISBN 9781562225827.
- MacMaster, Natalie; Phillips, Stacy (2001). Mel Bay presents Natalie Macmaster's Cape Breton Island Fiddle. Mel Bay Publications, Inc. ISBN 9780786644735.
- Paul Bass (June 5, 2018). "A Star Ascends To Bluegrass Heaven". New Haven Independent Retrieved June 6, 2018