Stadio Is Arenas
|Location||Quartu Sant'Elena, Italy|
|Owner||Municipality of Quartu Sant'Elena|
|Field size||105 × 68 m|
Stadio Comunale "Is Arenas" is a sports stadium in Quartu Sant'Elena, Sardinia, Italy. It is mostly used for football games and was the home venue of Serie A club Cagliari Calcio for the 2012–13 season.
The stadium is currently under renovation after Cagliari relocated out of their former home venue, Stadio Sant'Elia, in order to make it comply with Serie A league standards in time for the new season.
Like most of Italian stadia, it is owned by the local council, the municipality of Quartu Sant'Elena. In the 1980s, Quartu Sant'Elena's local team (Sant'Elena) played its home games in the ground in Serie C2.
In 2012, Cagliari Calcio relocated to the stadium due to the Sant'Elia's unavailability. The stadium was a simple pitch with a concrete stand. It was expanded and it now has a capacity of 16,200 seats. Renovation works are planned to cost €1.2 million and last for five months. After the renovation it will have 11 Sky Boxes, a HD megascreen and a modern café.
Three quarters of the stadium consists of temporary stands in steel tubes. The main stand is made of steel and prefabricated elements and is completely covered. There are five lighting towers for overall illumination of 1400 lux. The playing field consists of natural grass, with grafts of Cynodon dactylon and Paspalum vaginatum, ideal at the temperature of 25 °C.
- "Apertura totale per Is Arenas. Con il Napoli 16.500 tifosi" [Final opening of Is Arenas. Attendance with SSC Napoli 16,500 tifosi]. L'Unione Sarda. 21 November 2012. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Sant'Elia addio, 'Is Arenas' è realtà Ficcadenti in bilico, chi in panchina?" [Sant'Elia goodbye, Is Arenas is reality. Ficcadenti in danger, who's going to be the next coach?] (in Italian). La Repubblica. 21 May 2012. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- Cagliari debuts at Stadio Is Arenas behind closed doors stadiumguide.com
- "IL NUOVO IS ARENAS – Pronto in 5 mesi, ecco il progetto" [THE NEW IS ARENAS – Ready in 5 months, here is the project] (PDF) (in Italian). Sardegna Quotidiano. 17 May 2012. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- Is Arenas Stadium's Sky boxes cagliaricalcio.net (in italian)
|This article about an Italian sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|