(कर्मचारी चयन आयोग)
|Formation||4 November 1975|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Services||Group B Services in India|
|S. Kishor, IAS|
|Subordinate Services Commission|
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organisation under Government of India to recruit staff for various posts in the various ministries and departments of the government of India and in subordinate offices.
This commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) which consists of chairman, two members and a secretary-cum-controller of examinations. His post is equivalent to the level of additional secretary to the government of India.
The SSC decided to conduct the Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff examination in 13 Indian languages, which are Urdu, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Konkani, Meitei (Manipuri), Marathi, Odia and Punjabi, in addition to Hindi and English, out of the 22 official languages of the Indian Republic, for the first time in January 2023.
The estimates committee in the parliament recommended the setting up of a Service Selection Commission in its 47th report (1967–68) for conducting examinations to recruit lower categories of posts. Later, in the Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms, on 4 November 1975 government of India constituted a commission called Subordinate Service Commission. On 26 September 1977, Subordinate Services Commission was renamed as Staff Selection Commission. The functions of Staff Selection Commission were redefined by the government of India through Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and on 21 May 1999. Then the new constitution and functions of Staff Selection Commission came into effect from 1 June 1999. Every year conducts the Combined Graduate Level Examination for recruiting non-gazetted officers to various government jobs.
Staff Selection Commission has its headquarters located at New Delhi. At present, it has seven Regional offices at Prayagraj, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Bangalore and New Delhi. It also has two Sub- Regional offices at Raipur and Chandigarh.
Exams conducted by Staff Selection Commission
Staff Selection Commission currently functions as a subordinate office of DOPT and is mainly engaged in conducting competitive exams for recruitment to various posts in the Staff Selection Commission departments, organizations. In the previous years, Staff Selection Commission has conducted various exams as given below
- SSC Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL)
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL)
- SSC Stenographer C & D (SSC Stenographer)
- SSC Multitasking Staff (SSC MTS)
- SSC Junior Engineer (SSC JE)
- SSC Junior Hindi Translator (SSC JHT)
- SSC General Duty Constable (SSC GD)
- SSC Central Police Organization & SI (SSC CPO)
- SSC Selection Post
- "Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh lauds SSC for deciding to conduct the Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff examination 2022 in 13 regional languages in addition to Hindi and English for the first time". www.pib.gov.in. Retrieved 23 January 2023.
- "হিন্দি অমসুং ইংলিসকী মথক্তা অহানবা ওইনা লম-লমগী লোন ১৩দা মল্তি-তাস্কিং(নন-তেক্নিকেল) স্তাফ এজামিনেসন ২০২২ পাংথোক্নবা ৱারেপ লৌখিবগীদমক য়ুনিয়ন মিনিস্তর দোক্তর জিতেন্দ্র সিংহনা এস.এস.সি থাগৎখ্রে". pib.gov.in (in Manipuri). Retrieved 23 January 2023.