The Staffordshire helmet is an Anglo-Saxon helmet discovered in 2009 as part of the Staffordshire Hoard. It is part of the largest discovery of contemporary gold and silver metalwork in Britain, comprising nearly 4,000 pieces. Following those found at Benty Grange, Sutton Hoo, Coppergate, Wollaston, and Shorwell, it is only the sixth known Anglo-Saxon helmet.
The helmet, along with the entire hoard, was purchased jointly by the Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery and the Potteries Museum & Art Gallery, and is currently undergoing restoration and reconstruction work. In 2012 a second find of metalwork, including the second cheek guard, was made at the original site.
- Blakelock, E. S. (20 February 2014). "XRF Analysis of Silver Foils from the Staffordshire Hoard" (PDF). Staffordshire Hoard Research Reports. British Museum (8).
- Blakelock, E. S. (2015). "XRF Study of Silver Objects from the Staffordshire Hoard" (PDF). Staffordshire Hoard Research Reports. British Museum (19).
- Blakelock, E. S. (2016). "The Analysis and Documentation of Niello Objects in the Staffordshire Hoard" (PDF). Staffordshire Hoard Research Reports. British Museum (21).
- Butterworth, Jenni; Fregni, Giovanna; Fuller, Kayleigh & Greaves, Pieta (2016). "The importance of multidisciplinary work within archaeological conservation projects: assembly of the Staffordshire Hoard die-impressed sheets". Journal of the Institute of Conservation. Institute of Conservation. 39 (1): 29–43. doi:10.1080/19455224.2016.1155071.
- Fern, Chris; Speake, George (2014). Beasts, Birds and Gods: Interpreting the Staffordshire Hoard. Warwickshire: West Midlands History. ISBN 978-1-905036-20-2.
- Magnoler, Deborah L. (3 November 2011). "K453 and the 'Cheek piece' Group". Staffordshire Hoard. Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- "New finds discovered in Staffordshire Hoard field". Staffordshire Hoard. 18 December 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "New Secrets of Staffordshire Hoard Revealed". Popular Archaeology. 23. Summer 2016.
- Pilkington, Andrew (19 October 2012). "The Staffordshire Hoard Horseman Helmet Foil". Staffordshire Hoard. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- Shearman, Fleur; Camurcuoglu, Duygu; Hockey, Marilyn; McArthur, Graeme (October 2014). "Investigative Conservation of the Die-impressed Sheet from the Staffordshire Hoard" (PDF). Staffordshire Hoard Research Reports. British Museum (17).