Stage Dolls in Arendal in 2010
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal, glam metal, AOR|
|Past members||Erlend Antonsen|
Stage Dolls is a Norwegian hard rock band based in Trondheim, Norway. In 1982, Erlend Antonsen and Terje Storli played at local clubs in and around Trondheim. In need of a guitarist they called on Torstein Flakne, who by then had finished playing in The Kids (Norwegian band) (a popular teeny-band in Norway 1980-82). Throughout the summer and fall of 1982 the newly formed band started rehearsing and playing shows in the region. The trio took the name Stage Dolls in January 1983. The first album, titled Soldier's Gun, was released in the early winter of 1985 after a successful nationwide tour in Norway supporting the Norwegian band TNT.
Antonsen left the band in 1985 and was replaced by Steinar Krokstad; he in turn left in 1993 and was replaced by Morten Skogstad.
The recordings for their next album Commandos started in the fall 1985. It peaked at no.8 in the Norwegian charts (VG) and set the band up as one of the most popular rockbands in Norway in 1986. The album was released in the US by Big Time Records and the title track Commandos gained considerable airplay on college-radio.
The self-titled third album was released in 1988. It made it to number 3 at the charts in Norway, and at the single "Wings of Steel" went to number 10. In 1989 the band released the album on Chrysalis Records for the American market. The single "Love Cries" went to number 46 on the Billboard Singles Charts the same year. A second single for the song "Still in Love" was also released in America.
In 1991 the band released a fourth album called Stripped. The album went to number 5 in Norway, and the single "Love Don't Bother Me" charted at number 3. The music video for the song, featured English model Kate Moss.
- Torstein Flakne - lead vocals, lead guitar (1983–present)
- Terje Storli - bass, backing vocals (1983–present)
- Morten Skogstad - drums, percussion, backing vocals (1993–present)
- Erlend Antonsen - drums, percussion (1983–1985)
- Steinar Krokstad - drums, percussion (1985–1993)
- Soldier's Gun (1985)
- Commandos (1986)
- Stage Dolls (1988)
- Stripped (1991)
- Dig (1997)
- Get a Life (2004)
- Always (2010)
- Get a Live CD + DVD (2005)
- Stories We Could Tell (1993)
- Good Times - The Essential Stage Dolls (2002)
- "allmusic (((Stage Dolls > Overview)))". Allmusic. Retrieved 4 April 2010.
- "Ser du hvilken superstjerne Stage Dolls er avbildet med? - VG". vg.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- The band official website : STAGE DOLLS