Stage Struck (1925 film)
1926 Swedish theatrical poster
|Directed by||Allan Dwan|
|Produced by||Adolph Zukor
Jesse L. Lasky
|Written by||Sylvia LaVarre (adaptation)|
|Screenplay by||Forrest Halsey|
|Story by||Frank R. Adams|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Stage Struck is a 1925 American silent comedy film starring Gloria Swanson, Lawrence Gray, Gertrude Astor, and Ford Sterling. The film was directed by Allan Dwan, and released by Paramount Pictures with the opening and ending sequences filmed in the early two-color Technicolor.
Jennie Hagan (Swanson) is a waitress who dreams of becoming a star. When a real theatrical diva (Astor) arrives in town, Jennie schemes to get a part on the stage.
- Gloria Swanson as Jennie Hagen
- Lawrence Gray as Orme Wilson
- Gertrude Astor as Lillian Lyons
- Oliver Sandys as Hilda Wagner
- Ford Sterling as Buck
- Carrie Scott as Mrs. Wagner
- Emil Hoch as Mr. Wagner
- Margery Whittington as Soubrette
- Foster, Charles (2000). Stardust and Shadows : Canadians in Early Hollywood. Dundurn. p. 114. ISBN 1-550-02348-9.
- Stage Struck at the silentera.com database
- The Library of Congress American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog:Stage Struck