|Service area||South East England|
|Service type||Bus services|
|Routes||115 (April 2013)|
|Depots||7 (April 2013)|
|Fleet||473 (April 2013)|
|Annual ridership||34.1 million (April 2013)|
|Chief executive||Mike Watson|
Stagecoach South is a bus operator providing services in South East England. It is a subsidiary of Stagecoach. It operates services in Hampshire, Surrey, and Sussex with some routes extending into Berkshire and Wiltshire. As at April 2013 it operates 473 buses from seven depots.
It is branded as four sub-divisions: Stagecoach in Hampshire, Stagecoach in Hants & Surrey, Stagecoach in the South Downs, and Stagecoach in Portsmouth
Stagecoach in Hampshire
Stagecoach in Hants & Surrey
Many of the routes are branded, with large route number vinyls, or with names such as Yo-Yo and The Kite.
On 9 February 2009 route 1 was upgraded to Goldline status with new vehicles. Route 2 lost its service name of The Marbles in 2008/9. Due to Hampshire County Council cuts in October 2011, routes 2 and 3 lost some of their evening services on Monday-Friday. Route 18 also lost a handful of evening services. Route 41 Ash to Farnborough was taken over by Countryliner.
However, a month later, Countryliner went into administration, with Stagecoach taking back route 46, as well as Surrey County Council school routes 43, 45, and 87, all on an emergency basis until July 2013. Countryliner ceased trading on 18 January 2013 with Stagecoach operating route 41 for one week before it passed to sister company Fleet Buzz.
Stagecoach in the South Downs
Stagecoach in the South Downs operates from depots in Chichester, Portsmouth, and Worthing. In August 1989, Stagecoach purchased Southdown Motor Services, which had previously been owned by the National Bus Company until sold in a management buy out.
Stagecoach in Portsmouth
The main routes in which they operate are as follows: Route 20 From Havant to Portsmouth Hard via QA Hospital; route 21 from Havant to Portsmouth via Anchorage Park; route 23 from Southsea to Leigh Park via Farlington; route 39 from Havant Bus station to Wecock Farm in Waterlooville via Asda after 9:00 and before 3:00; routes 30 and 31 from Havant to Hayling island.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stagecoach South.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Coastliner 700 (bus route).|
- Stagecoach South Annual Report May 2012 - April 2013 Stagecoach
- Companies House extract company no 2230625 Hampshire Bus Company Limited
- Companies House extract company no 1673542 Stagecoach (South) Limited formerly Hampshire Bus Company Limited
- Retendering of local bus services - Blackwater Valley Hampshire County Council
- Changes to bus service contracts October 2011 to September 2012 Surrey County Council
- Surrey bus routes taken away from Countryliner Get Surrey 9 October 2012
- Route 41 timetable Archived 16 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine Surrey County Council 21 January 2013
- Route 41 timetable Fleetbuzz 15 April 2013
- Companies House extract company no 140534 Southdown Motor Services Limited
- Stagecoach down South Commercial Motor 24 August 1989 page 6
- Southdown Motor Services Limited Mergers & Monopolies Commission June 1993 page 5