|Service type||Bus services|
|Depots||6 (September 2017)|
|Fleet||324 (August 2018)|
|Managing Director||Rupert Cox|
In 1983, Bristol Omnibus Company's Gloucestershire based operations were transferred to the Cheltenham & Gloucester Omnibus Company. In 1985 the National Bus Company's Swindon and District operation was transferred to the same company. In 1986, all the assets were transferred to a new legal entity, Western Travel.
In 1986, Western Travel was privatised in a management buyout and in December 1987 purchased Midland Red South. In 1993, Western Travel purchased City Circle of Gloucester before being sold to Stagecoach in November 1993.
In 1988, National Welsh Omnibus Services was privatised in a management buyout. After being placed in receivership in January 1992, the eastern division was purchased by Stagecoach South Wales. After the Western Travel purchase, the Wye & Dean operations were transferred to Stagecoach West.
The Stagecoach West operation is split into divisions owned by 6 different depot's:
- Stagecoach in Cheltenham
- Stagecoach in the Cotswolds
- Stagecoach in Gloucester
- Stagecoach in Swindon
- Stagecoach in Wye & Dean
- Stagecoach in North Bristol (Depot run by South Gloucestershire Bus & Coach Limited)
The company celebrates its 25th birthday in December 2018. To commemorate this, 1 lucky bus from each of the 6 depot's is receiving a special branding saying "25 Years of Stagecoach West"
The 6 provisional Buses from each depot to receive the branding are as follows:
Cheltenham-Scania E400 15451-MX08GHY
Gloucester-Scania E400 15638-SF10CCN (Completed)
North Bristol-ADL E200 36382-VU11BUP
Ross on Wye-Scania E400 15733-VX61FKG
Stroud-ADL E400 19128-VX07CYT
Swindon-Scania E400 15648-VX10FRK (Completed)
Stagecoach West operate six depots:
- Cheltenham (Lansdown Industrial Estate, Gloucester Road)
- Gloucester (London Road)
- Ross On Wye (Great Western Court)
- Stroud (London Road)
- Swindon (Cheney Manor)
- Bristol (South Gloucestershire Bus & Coach Company, Gypsy Patch Lane, Patchway)
Stagecoach West mainly operates services across Gloucestershire, South Herefordshire, Wiltshire and into South Gloucestershire, although some routes serve more distant destinations including Hereford, Monmouth, Oxford, Bath and Bristol.
Routes operated as Stagecoach Gold services are: 10 Cheltenham to Gloucester and Lower Tuffley, S6 Swindon to Oxford, 93 Cheltenham to Arle Court Park & Ride and Gloucester (peak times only), 94 Cheltenham to Gloucester, 63 Forest Green, Nailsworth and Stroud to Gloucester, 66/66S/66F Stroud, Stonehouse and Kingsway to Gloucester, 97/98 Cheltenham to Gloucester and 55 Chippenham and Royal Wootton Bassett to Swindon.
In August 2018 the fleet consisted of 324 buses, as follows:
29x ADL Tridents Including 1 E400 Bodied
22x ADL Enviro 300s 2 of which have Transbus International bodywork
26x ADL Enviro 200s
26x Optare Solos
- Companies House extract company no 2041677 Stagecoach West Limited formerly Western Travel Limited
- Companies House extract company no 1713578 Cheltenham & Gloucester Omnibus Company Limited
- Companies House extract company no 1556310 Midland Red (South) Limited
- Stagecoach acquires Western The Independent 27 November 1993
- Midland Red Depots Archived 3 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine. MidlandRed.net
- Important Changes for Wessex Bus Wessex Bus 20 July 2018
- Wessex bus to close and services 42, 12 and 51 cancelled in Bristol and Bath Bristol Post 20 July 2018
- Annual Report May 2012 - April 2013 Archived 17 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Stagecoach West