|Service type||Bus services|
|Depots||6 (September 2017)|
|Fleet||324 (August 2018)|
|Managing Director||Rupert Cox|
In 1983, Bristol Omnibus Company's Gloucestershire-based operations were transferred to the Cheltenham & Gloucester Omnibus Company. In 1985, the National Bus Company's Swindon and District operation was transferred to the same company. In 1986, all the assets were transferred to a new legal entity, Western Travel.
In 1986, Western Travel was privatised in a management buyout and in December 1987 purchased Midland Red South. In 1993, Western Travel purchased Circle Line of Gloucester before being sold to Stagecoach in November 1993.
In 1988, National Welsh Omnibus Services was privatised in a management buyout. After being placed in receivership in January 1992, the Eastern Division was purchased by Stagecoach South Wales. After the Western Travel purchase, the Wye & Dean operations were transferred to Stagecoach West.
The Stagecoach West operation has six divisions:
- Stagecoach in Cheltenham
- Stagecoach in the Cotswolds
- Stagecoach in Gloucester
- Stagecoach in Swindon
- Stagecoach in Wye & Dean
- Stagecoach in North Bristol (services run from South Gloucestershire Bus & Coach Limited depot)
The company celebrated its 25th anniversary in December 2018. To commemorate this, one bus from each of the six depots is receiving a special branding saying "25 Years of Stagecoach West".
In July 2019, it was announced that Stagecoach West would take over operation of the X5 (Weston-super-Mare to Cribbs Causeway) and Severn Express (Newport to Bristol) routes from First West of England on 1 September.
Stagecoach West operate six depots:
- Cheltenham (Lansdown Industrial Estate, Gloucester Road)
- Gloucester (London Road)
- Ross On Wye (Great Western Court)
- Stroud (London Road)
- Swindon (Cheney Manor)
- Bristol (South Gloucestershire Bus & Coach Company, Gypsy Patch Lane, Patchway)
Stagecoach West mainly operates services across Gloucestershire, South Herefordshire, Wiltshire and into South Gloucestershire, although some routes serve more distant destinations including Hereford, Monmouth, Oxford, Bath and Bristol.
Routes operated as Stagecoach Gold services are: 10 Cheltenham to Lower Tuffley, 55 Chippenham to Swindon, 63 Forest Green to Gloucester, 66 Stroud to Gloucester, 93 Cheltenham to Gloucester (peak times only), 94 Cheltenham to Gloucester, 97/98 Cheltenham to Gloucester and S6 Swindon to Oxford.
This section possibly contains original research. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
29x ADL Tridents including one E400 bodied
22x ADL Enviro 300s two of which have Transbus International bodywork
26x ADL Enviro 200s
26x Optare Solos
- Companies House extract company no 2041677 Stagecoach West Limited formerly Western Travel Limited
- Companies House extract company no 1713578 Cheltenham & Gloucester Omnibus Company Limited
- Companies House extract company no 1556310 Midland Red (South) Limited
- Stagecoach acquires Western The Independent 27 November 1993
- Midland Red Depots Archived 3 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine MidlandRed.net
- Important Changes for Wessex Bus Wessex Bus 20 July 2018
- Wessex bus to close and services 42, 12 and 51 cancelled in Bristol and Bath Bristol Post 20 July 2018
- "Severn Express and X5 bus routes to transfer from First Bus to Stagecoach". First Bus. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- Annual Report May 2012 - April 2013 Archived 17 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine Stagecoach West