|Genres||Hard Rock, RAC, Nazi Rock, Hatecore|
|Years active||1995 – present|
|Labels||Freie Meinung Göttingen
W & B Records
PC Records 
Stahlgewitter is a controversial German hard rock and Rock Against Communism group founded in 1995. Despite the genre's name, RAC song lyrics rarely focus on the specific topic of anti-communism. Rather, RAC lyrics typically feature nationalist themes. Stahlgewitter is listed by the group 'Netz gegen Nazis' (Network Against Nazis) as one of the more popular contemporary Rock Against Communism groups. This categorises Stahlgewitter in amongst other more historical Rock Against Communism groups such as the English band Skrewdriver which played a lending role in the formation of RAC and the fellow German band Landser who are now deemed a "criminal gang organisation" in Germany.
For their supposed Nazi ties the band has been investigated by the German police for supporting hate speech. The band is listed as a hate group for these reasons by the US organisation the Anti-Defamation League. However the band's lyrics never directly attack or demean any race or nationality, which then means it is not categorised as hate speech outside of Germany. This has led to the band's music being used to create fan made music videos which then can be uploaded to YouTube without Censorship.
Stahlgewitter's lyrics however, do promote extremism by promoting and praising National Socialism or organisations that were under the German Nazi party, who engaged in crimes against humanity through the means of both genocide and democide. In their lyrics they complain about "Zionist-occupied governments" as well pay homage to today's neo-Nazis as "political soldiers" by proclaiming them to be today's Sturmabteilung(SA) or "Brownshirts", a paramilitary organisation of the Nazi Party that played a key role in Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1920s and 1930s.
|Original German Lyrics||English Translation|
- 1996 - "Das eiserne Gebet"
- 1998 - "Germania"
- 2001 - "Amalek"
- 2002 - "Politischer Soldat"
- 2003 - "Germania über alles"
- 2006 - "Auftrag Deutsches Reich"
- 2008 - "Politischer Soldat - Neuauflage"
- 2013 - " Das Hohelied der Herkunft"
- 2013 - "Stählerne Romantik" (MCD)
- http://www.netz-gegen-nazis.de/lexikontext/stahlgewitter Woran man sie erkennt - Stahlgewitter
- B & H United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland Archived 2013-06-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- The World Today Archive - Nazi accusations against members of 3RAR
- "Johnny Rebel and the Cajun roots of right-wing rock". Popular Music and Society. Archived from the original on 2007-11-03.
- Motkraft.net Archived 2010-10-23 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Neo-Nazis rally for jailed singer". BBC News. 21 October 2006.
- Niedersächsisches Ministerium für Inneres und Sport: Verfassungsschutzbericht Niedersachsen 2006 (PDF), S. 94f.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-06. Retrieved 2011-02-13. What should Google do with Nazi propaganda on YouTube?
- Christian Dornbusch/Jan Raabe (Hrsg.): RechtsRock. Bestandsaufnahme und Gegenstrategien. Unrast Verlag, Münster 2002, ISBN 3-89771-808-1
- Antifaschistische Infoblatt“-Autoren: White Noise. Einblicke in die internationale Neonazi-Musik-Szene. Unrast Verlag, Münster 2004, ISBN 3-89771-807-3