Stairway to the Stars
(Redirected from Stairway To The Stars)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Stairway to the Stars" is a popular song composed by Matty Malneck and Frank Signorelli, with lyrics by Mitchell Parish. It was based on a theme from Malneck and Signorelli's 1934 instrumental piece, "Park Avenue Fantasy."
- Glenn Miller and His Orchestra, vocals by Ray Eberle (May 9, 1939)
- Ella Fitzgerald and Her Famous Orchestra (June 29, 1939)
- Jimmy Dorsey and His Orchestra, vocals by Bob Eberly (1939)
- Kay Kyser and His Orchestra, vocals by Harry Babbitt (1939)
- Al Donohue and His Orchestra, vocals by Paula Kelly (1939)
- Dinah Washington with Chubby Jackson's Orchestra (1947)
- Benny Goodman - An Album of Swing Classics (1955)
- Bud Powell - Piano Interpretations by Bud Powell (1956)
- Sarah Vaughan - At Mister Kelly's (1957)
- Lee Konitz - Very Cool 1957
- Ella Fitzgerald - Hello, Love (1960)
- Johnny Mathis - I'll Buy You a Star (1961)
- Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery - Bags Meets Wes! (1962)
- Stan Kenton - Adventures In Jazz (1962)
- Bill Evans - Moon Beams (1962)
- Dexter Gordon - Our Man in Paris (1963)
- Johnny Hartman - I Just Dropped by to Say Hello (1964)
- Natalie Cole - Don't Look Back (1980)
- Mel Tormé - An Evening with Mel Tormé (1994)
- Ian Shaw - The Abbey Road Sessions (2011)
- Major theme in the motion picture Some Like It Hot directed by Billy Wilder.
- Little, Paul (June 27, 1957). "Needle in the Groove". Illinois, Arlington Heights. Arlington Heights Herald. p. 36. Retrieved November 29, 2015 – via Newspapers.com.
- MusicProf78 (February 25, 2012). "1934 Paul Whiteman - Park Avenue Fantasy (aka Stairway To The Stars)". YouTube. Google. Retrieved September 11, 2016.
|This article about a jazz standard or composition written in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This pop standards-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|