Stairway to the Stars
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the Blue Öyster Cult song, see Blue Öyster Cult (album).
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
"Stairway to the Stars" is a popular song composed by Matty Malneck and Frank Signorelli, with lyrics by Mitchell Parish. It was based on a theme from Malneck and Signorelli's 1934 instrumental piece, "Park Avenue Fantasy."
- Glenn Miller and His Orchestra, vocals by Ray Eberle (May 9, 1939)
- Ella Fitzgerald and Her Famous Orchestra - (June 29, 1939)
- Jimmy Dorsey and His Orchestra, vocals by Bob Eberly - (1939)
- Kay Kyser and His Orchestra, vocals by Harry Babbitt - (1939)
- Al Donohue and His Orchestra, vocals by Paula Kelly - (1939)
- Sarah Vaughan - At Mister Kelly's (1957)
- Bud Powell - Piano Interpretations by Bud Powell (1956)
- Ella Fitzgerald - Hello, Love (1960)
- Johnny Mathis - I'll Buy You a Star (1961)
- Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery - Bags Meets Wes! (1962)
- Stan Kenton - Adventures In Jazz (1962)
- Bill Evans - Moon Beams (1962)
- Dexter Gordon - Our Man in Paris (1963)
- Johnny Hartman - I Just Dropped by to Say Hello (1964)
- Natalie Cole - Don't Look Back (1980)
- Mel Tormé - An Evening with Mel Tormé (1994)
- Ian Shaw - The Abbey Road Sessions (2011)
- Major theme in the motion picture Some Like It Hot directed by Billy Wilder.
- Little, Paul (June 27, 1957). "Needle in the Groove". Illinois, Arlington Heights. Arlington Heights Herald. p. 36. Retrieved November 29, 2015 – via Newspapers.com.
- MusicProf78 (February 25, 2012). "1934 Paul Whiteman - Park Avenue Fantasy (aka Stairway To The Stars)". YouTube. Google. Retrieved September 11, 2016.
|This article about a jazz standard or composition written in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This pop standards-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|