|Directed by||James V. Kern|
|Produced by||Alex Gottlieb|
|Written by||Stephen Longstreet|
|Music by||Frederick Hollander|
|Edited by||David Weisbart|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|Box office||$2,350,000 (US rentals)|
Stallion Road is a 1947 American drama film directed by James V. Kern and written by Stephen Longstreet. The film stars Ronald Reagan, Alexis Smith, Zachary Scott, Peggy Knudsen, Patti Brady and Harry Davenport. The film was released by Warner Bros. on April 12, 1947.
Based on the novel and screenplay by Stephen Longstreet, this film depicts the romance which flowers between a breezy young veterinarian (Ronald Reagan), and a lady who runs a breeding farm (Alexis Smith). The two horse-loving characters appear to be bound for an inevitable love story. And a friend of the vet (Zachary Scott), who also fancies the lady, quite obviously hasn't a chance. But then, in a moment of crisis, when the favorite mare of the lady is at death's door, the vet doesn't respond to her summons. He is off vaccinating a herd of cows which is suddenly and alarmingly threatened with the dreaded anthrax disease. And that, it seems, is an incident which the lady takes very personally: she gives the vet the cold shoulder and throws herself into the arms of his pal. Eventually, things come around when the vet contracts anthrax himself (after pulling the lady's herd of horses out of danger with a new serum he has found) and she realizes that she still loves him and that she has to save him at all costs. So, she gives him the anthrax serum, and luckily he pulls through.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2015)|
- Ronald Reagan as Larry Hanrahan
- Alexis Smith as Rory Teller
- Zachary Scott as Stephen Purcell
- Peggy Knudsen as Daisy Otis
- Patti Brady as Chris Teller
- Harry Davenport as Dr. Stevens
- Angela Greene as Lana Rock
- Frank Puglia as Pelon
- Ralph Byrd as Richmond Mallard
- Lloyd Corrigan as Ben Otis
- Fernando Alvarado as Chico
- Matthew Boulton as Joe Beasley
- "Top Grossers of 1947", Variety, 7 January 1948 p 63
- Crowther, Bosley (1947-04-05). "Movie Review - Stallion Road - ' Stallion Road,' Featuring Alexis Smith, Ronald Reagan, Arrives at the Strand - 'St. Francis of Assist' Opens at the Belmont". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- "Stallion Road (1947) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
|This article about a romantic drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|