Stamford University Bangladesh
|Chancellor||President of Bangladesh|
|350 (full-time faculty)|
Stamford University Bangladesh (Bengali: স্টামফোর্ড বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় বাংলাদেশ) is a private university in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was established in 2002 under the Private University Act. Before starting as a university, its predecessor institution was known as a Stamford college group established in 1994, later it was upgraded as private university of Bangladesh in 2002 and appeared as Stamford University Bangladesh. Stamford University is the first ISO certified university in Bangladesh.
University and Campus
Stamford University Bangladesh is one of the cheapest private universities in Bangladesh. The university is also accredited from IEB for Engineering for the departments Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Civil engineering and from IAB for Architecture. The University has multiple campus building all over the heart of Dhaka city. The campus in Siddheshwari comprises of departments such as the Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Microbiology, Civil Engineering, Law etc. The other departmental classes are taken in all the campuses, scattered around Dhanmondi and Siddheshwari alike.
The campus also comprises of its own outdoor basketball ground, a swimming pool, cafe, in-campus shop.
Departments and subjects
- Department of English
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in English (Final)
- Master of Arts in English (Preliminary & Final)
- Department of Computer Science
- B. Sc in Computer Science & Information (CSI)
- B. Sc in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- M. Sc in Computer Science & Engineering (MSCE)
- Master in Computer Application (MCA)
- Department of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Science in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Department of Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LL. B)
- Master of Laws (LL. M)
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Microbiology
- B. Sc in Microbiology
- Department of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Masters of Science in Environmental Science
- Department of Civil Engineering
- B. Sc in Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- B. Sc in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Department of Architecture
- B. Sc in Architecture
- Department of Film and Media
- Department of Economics
- Bachelor of Social Science in Economics
- Department of Journalism Media Studies
- Bachelor of Social Science in Journalism for Electronic & Print Media
- Master of Social Science in Journalism & Media Studies (Preliminary & Final)
Stamford university provide credit transfer facility for its students to different reputed foreign universities. The university has already transferred more than 100 students of BBA, MBA, CSE and CSI programs to different universities of the USA, the UK, Canada and Australia. It has arranged joint degree programs and credit transfer programs with Claflin University, State University of New York and Monash University, Australia.
Extra curricular activities and clubs
There are multiple clubs and students branches in SUB. It is ensured that the students are always participating and thus actively learning about multiple sectors; following are the list of clubs in SUB, listed with any notable recent achievement: 1. SDF, Stamford University Debate Forum • Runners up in Humayun Ahmed Memorial 3rd Inter Debating Championship 2015; Dhaka University • Runners up in Govt. Lab High School Inter-University Debating Championship 2015 • Participated in ATN Bangla National Debating Championship 2014 • Participated in 22nd BTV National Debating Championship 2014 • Runners up in Barisal Debating Society National Debating Championship 2014 • Runners up in Sir Solimullah Medical Collge Carnival Captive Debating Competition 2014 • Champion in 9th Faridpur Debate Festival 2015
2. YES, Youth Engagement and Support 3. SUVs, Stamford University Volunteers 4. Straybird 5. Stamford University Shahittya Forum 6. SUDs, Stamford University Drama Society 7. SPF, Stamford Pharma Forum 8. Stamford University Computer Society 9. Stamford University Math_Circle
IEEE Stamford University Student Branch; is a very active Institution that along with its sister concern WIE organises workshops often at the University premises and outside.
1. “Workshop on Introductory Graphic Design" Organizer: WIE Affinity Group, IEEE Bangladesh Section & IEEE Stamford University Student Branch WIE Affinity Group Venue:Stamford University Bangladesh Date: May 06,2017
- "Ali Naqi new Stamford University VC". The Daily Star. 7 August 2017. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Profile of the university". Retrieved 2007-01-15.
- "Private University Act, 1992". Retrieved 2007-07-01.
- "37th Bengal Studies Conference". Retrieved 2007-07-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stamford University.|