July 10, 1953 |
|Genres||Hard rock, pop rock|
Stan Bush is an American singer-songwriter and musician whose most notable works include the songs "The Touch" and "Dare" from the soundtrack to the 1986 animated film The Transformers: The Movie, "Hearts vs. Heads" from the soundtrack to the 1986 action/supernatural film The Wraith, and "She's Got the Power", featured in the American voice dub of the animated series Sailor Moon. He also had one track on the children's album Take My Hand – Songs from the 100 Acre Wood entitled "That's What Tiggers Do Best," released in 1995. Other notable works include the songs "Never Surrender," "Streets of Siam," and "Fight for Love" from the movie Kickboxer, and "Fight to Survive" and "On My Own – Alone", the theme from Bloodsport. In 1987, Bush (and back-up band Barrage) wrote and recorded the ballad "Love Don't Lie", which became a minor MTV hit when covered a year later by House of Lords.
Bush submitted two tracks for the producers of the 2007 live action Transformers movie, but they were not included on the final soundtrack. However, on July 3, 2007, Bush re-released his album In This Life with the two additional tracks he submitted for the Transformers soundtrack, which include an updated version of "The Touch", and an updated version of his song from BotCon 1997, "Ground Zero", retitled "'Till All Are One". Bush also recorded another, markedly different version of "The Touch" which was at first rumoured for possible inclusion in the 2009 sequel Revenge of the Fallen. The 2007 version of "The Touch" was later released as a free downloadable track for the video game Guitar Hero World Tour. More recently, Bush's aforementioned "Till All Are One" was used as the end credits song for 2010 video game Transformers: War for Cybertron.
Bush released his studio album Dream the Dream on September 15, 2010 through LA Records. The album contains 11 new songs written and performed by Stan Bush and studio musicians, as well as a remake of "The Touch" that was originally recorded for inclusion in 2009's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen film, but was ultimately not included. His first full-studio effort since 2007's in This Life, it gathered positive reviews from fans and critics alike.
In 2011 and 2014, two of Stan’s tracks were transformed into CG animated Transformers music videos by animation team NGSMOOV for Your Time (from Dream the Dream) and Thunder in Your Heart (from The Ultimate).
In 2013, his song "The Touch" was featured in the original Shadow Warrior (2013). The sequel to the game, Shadow Warrior 2 in 2016, featured the premiere of a new song called "Warrior."
"Dare" was featured in the Netflix series GLOW.
On September 22nd 2017, Stan released his fourteenth studio album called Change the World.
Discography as Stan Bush
- 1983: Stan Bush
- 1993: Every Beat of My Heart
- 1994: Dial 818888-8638
- 1996: The Child Within (released in Japan under the title Higher than Angels, which includes other songs and different versions of the songs from The Child Within)
- 2001: Language of the Heart
- 2004: Shine
- 2007: In this Life
- 2010: Dream the Dream
- 2014: The Ultimate
- 2017: Change the World
- 1997: Call to Action (originally released as part of the joint compilation Til All Are One with Vince DiCola, in 2007 released separately for the first time)
- 1999: Capture the Dream – The Best of Stan Bush
- 2016: Shadow Warrior 2: The Warrior EP
- 1989: Never Surrender
- 1990: Forever
- 1992: Can’t Hide Love
- 1993: Free and Easy
- 1994: In the Name of Love
- 1996: Capture the Dream
- 1996: Never Wanted to Fall
- 1997: ’Til I Was Loved by You (released under the title Until I Was Loved by You)
- 2009: The Touch – Sam’s Theme
- 2012: The Touch (Power Mix)
- 2013: Thunder in your Heart
- 2016: Warrior
- 2017: Born to Win
- 1983: Fire in My Heart
- 1983: All American Boy
- 1984: Time Isn’t Changing You
- 1993: Every Beat of My Heart
- 1995: Are You over Me
- 1986: Stan Bush: "The Touch" (Side A)/"Weird Al" Yankovic: "Dare to Be Stupid" (Side B)
Discography as Stan Bush & Barrage
- 1987: Stan Bush & Barrage
- 1998: Heaven
- 1987: Heart vs. Head
- 1987: The Touch
- 1987: Love Don’t Lie
- 1987: Crank that Radio
Discography with Boulder
- 1979: Boulder
- 1979: Heartbeat
- 1979: Join Me in L.A.
- Sciretta, Peter (May 14, 2009). "Transformers 2 Remake of Stan Bush's "The Touch"". /Film. Retrieved May 26, 2009.
- de Matos, Xav (March 19, 2009). "Stan Bush's 'The Touch' coming to Guitar Hero". Joystiq. Retrieved May 26, 2009.
- Rock City. "Rockingham". Retrieved June 28, 2015.