This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Finance|
|Assumed office |
June 26, 2019
|Member of the Ontario Provincial Parliament|
|Assumed office |
June 7, 2018
|Preceded by||David Zimmer|
|Born||September 14, 1977|
|Political party||Progressive Conservative|
|Residence||North York (Toronto), Ontario|
|Occupation||Real Estate Broker and auditor|
Stan Cho (born on September 14, 1977) is a Canadian politician, who was elected to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario in the 2018 provincial election. He represents the riding of Willowdale as a member of the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario.
Cho was born in Rexdale, Ontario to an immigrant family from South Korea. They moved to Willowdale when Cho was eight years old. He holds a degree in philosophy from Trinity College at the University of Toronto. He began his career as an auditor for Mercedes-Benz before entering his family's real estate business. Cho worked as an agent for fifteen years before taking over as broker and general manager of their Royal LePage franchise in 2012.
In 2018, Cho defeated Liberal incumbent David Zimmer, becoming MPP of the Willowdale riding. Cho served as parliamentary assistant to the president of the Treasury Board, Minister Peter Bethlenfalvy. In the same year, Cho reintroduced Garrett's Legacy Act to the provincial legislature.
|2018 Ontario general election: Willowdale|
|Progressive Conservative||Stan Cho||17,732||43.63||+10.16|
|New Democratic||Saman Tabasinejad||10,481||25.79||+15.64|
|Independent||Birinder S. Ahluwalia||233||0.57|
|Total valid votes||40,646||100.0|
|Progressive Conservative gain from Liberal||Swing||+18.10|
|Source: Elections Ontario|
- . January 2, 2020 https://www.stanchompp.ca/. Missing or empty
- "Stan Cho MPP". Stan Cho MPP. Retrieved 2020-01-03.
- "Willowdale's Stan Cho take PCs into Liberal territory | The Star". thestar.com. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- Jun 29, Marieke Walsh Published on; 2018 4:36pm (2018-06-29). "Former federal MPs appointed to cabinet and parliamentary assistant posts under Ford". iPolitics. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- August 3, Ian MacAlpine More from Ian MacAlpine Published on; August 3, 2018 | Last Updated; Edt, 2018 2:23 Pm (2018-08-03). "Garrett's Legacy Act back at Queen's Park". The Kingston Whig-Standard. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- "Stan Cho Parliamentary Assistant to Minster of Finance". Stan Cho MPP. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- "Summary of Valid Votes Cast for each Candidate" (PDF). Elections Ontario. p. 12. Retrieved 20 January 2019.
|This article about an Ontario MPP is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|