His advice to Walt Grealis led to the development of RPM Weekly in 1964. Klees formally joined RPM as a staff member in 1971 to assist with organisation and publication design. He also designed the "MAPL" logo to identify Canadian content of produced songs. Klees and Grealis established RPM's annual awards for Canadian music in 1964 which led to the creation of the Juno Awards ceremonies in 1970.
In 1995, Klees was inducted into the Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Graham, Sandy (26 April 2012). "Happy Birthday Stan !". Cashbox. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- CRTC. "The MAPL System". National Campus and Community Radio Association. Archived from the original on 2007-07-12. Retrieved 2007-11-24.
- Wheeler, Brad (23 August 2012). "The Juno Awards: It's always been about the bread". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Green, Richard (October 2004). "The MAPL System". Collections Canada. Retrieved 2007-11-24.
- RPM Music Weekly Tribute Site.
|This biography about a Canadian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|