Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters & Marvels
|Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters & Marvels|
Original DVD cover (2002)
|Directed by||Scott Zakarin|
|Produced by||Peter Jaysen|
Joan Boocock Lee
|Edited by||Mark Panik|
Creative Light Entertainment
|Distributed by||Destination Films (DVD in the United States)|
Nelonen (TV in Finland)
Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters & Marvels is a 2002 American documentary film produced by Creative Light Entertainment consisting of an interview of Marvel Comics publisher Stan Lee by film director Kevin Smith. The two talk about Lee's life,, his marriage with Joan Lee, the 2002 Spider-Man film, and Spider-Man comics. Lee refers to Marvel Comics character J. Jonah Jameson as "the version so many people had of me." The interview was filmed in February 2002 in Santa Monica, California at a comic book store. The result was a nearly two-hour-long film. The documentary was included in a four-disc release of the 2002 Spider-Man film.
- Rivero, Enrique (May 5, 2002). "Comic Book Legend Featured in Latest DVD". Video Store. 24 (19). Duluth, Minnesota. p. 12.
- Lynch, Stephen (June 2, 2002). "Spider-Man Creator Gets a Superhero's Welcome: Stan Lee Fans Marvel at the Comic-Book Legend". Orange County Register. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- Nichols, Peter M. (May 3, 2002). "How Spidey was Hatched". The New York Times. p. 31.
- Drucker, Aaron (2012). Robert Moses Peaslee, Robert G. Weiner (eds.). "Spider-Man: MENACE!!! Stan Lee, Censorship and the 100-Issue Revolution". Web-Spinning Heroics: Critical Essays on the History and Meaning of Spider-Man. McFarland & Company: 91. ISBN 0786491671.CS1 maint: Uses editors parameter (link)
- Russo, Tom (May 26, 2002). "With Superheroic Appeal". The Boston Globe. p. L22.
- King, Susan (June 1, 2002). "Roy Rogers Flick Makes It to DVD". Deseret News. p. E7.
- Spector, Josh (April 12, 2002). "'Mutants' Finds Legs as 'Spider' Companion: 'Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters & Marvels' will be Packaged with 'Spider-Man'". The Hollywood Reporter. 372 (50)). p. 1.
- McDonald, Patrick (November 14, 2002). "Caught in a Magic Web". The Advertiser. p. 58.
- Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters & Marvels on IMDb
- Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters & Marvels at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a biographical documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|