|— Bodybuilder —|
July 12, 1973 |
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||(In Season): 198-202lb.(84/86kg)
|Pro-debut||1998 Musclemania, 2000|
|Best win||NPC Nationals Lightheavyweight National Champion, 2006|
|Predecessor||Charles Ray Arde|
Stan has been featured in many bodybuilding magazines and videos, including being featured on the cover of Muscle Polynesia, despite not being Polynesian.
Born in Yokosuka, Japan in 1977 to a Japanese mother and Irish father, Stan McQuay moved to the United States with his family at an early age, living first in Illinois before settling in Van Nuys, California. Growing up in the San Fernando Valley, Stan spent most of his free time surfing and skateboarding. Stan became steadily employed and enrolled in community college. At a maximum height of 5’ 7” and weighing 135 lbs, Stan began weight-training in order to gain the muscle-mass necessary for college football.
Most recently, Stan moved a competitive middleweight to a light-heavyweight, and was able to win his pro-card as a light-heavyweight at the 2006 NPC Nationals. He has appeared on the cover of several publications.
- Full Name: Stan Michael McQuay
- Birthday: July 12
- Place of Birth: Yokosuka, Japan
- Current state of Residence: Porter Ranch, California
- Occupation: personal trainer, fitness model, professional bodybuilder.
- Marital Status: Married
- Height: 5 ft 7 in (170 cm)
- Weight (In Season): 198-202 lbs (84/86 kg) - (Off-Season):205-215 lbs (93/95 kg).
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Black
- 1997 ABA California Natural Championships 1st
- 1998 Musclemania Welterweight, 2nd
- 1999 Musclemania Welterweight, 1st
- 2000 NPC California Championships Middleweight, 1st
- 2000 Musclemania Superbody 1st
- 2000 Musclemania Professional, 2nd
- 2000 NPC USA Championships Middleweight, 4th
- 2001 Musclemania Superbody Professional, 1st
- 2002 NPC USA Championships Middleweight, 1st
- 2003 NPC Nationals Middleweight, 2nd
- 2004 NPC Nationals Middleweight, 2nd
- 2006 NPC Nationals Lightheavyweight, 1st (pro card)
- 2009 IFBB Orlando Jacksonville Professional, 1st (Qualified for Olympia)
- 2009 IFBB Europa Pro, 7th
- 2009 202 Olympia, 14th
- 2010 IFBB Detroit Pro, 1st (Qualified for Olympia)
- 2010 202 Olympia, 7th
- 2010 IFBB Sacramento Pro, 3rd (Qualified for Olympia)
- 2011 IFBB Sacramento Pro, 1st (Qualified for Olympia)
- 2011 IFBB Mr. Olympia 212, 7th
- 2002 Muscle and Fitness December Vol 63, Num 12
- 2004 Muscle Mag International April Num 262
- 2005 Planet Muscle April Vol 8, Num 2
- 2006 Planet Muscle June Vol 9, Num 3
- 2006 Muscle and Fitness October Vol 67, Num 10
- 2008 Muscle and Fitness March
- 2008 Muscle and Fitness May
Other Popular Culture
Stan McQuay appeared extensively in the made-for-TV documentary "Bodybuilders" which appeared on the Discovery Channel.
Grand Jury Testimony: McQuay's Involvement in the Murder of Gavin Smith
Subpoenaed for testimony before a Los Angeles County grand jury, Stan McQuay was called to testify under oath regarding his involvement in the assault and murder of Fox Film executive Gavin Smith, having aided and abetted in the impromptu storage and concealment of Smith's stolen vehicle, for one week from the night of the murder, in his own garage, affording his gym buddy John Creech, a convicted drug dealer having just murdered Smith in the front seat of Smith's 420E Mercedes Benz, time sufficient to remove and discard Smith's body, and arrange for the bloodied vehicle's clandestine storage at a long-term storage facility in Simi Valley.
- "TheDailyModel.com". 2006-12-19.
- IMDb Cast List: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375617/
- Gerber, Marissa (June 15, 2017). "A lurid tale of sex, deceit and brutality as trial begins in the slaying of Fox executive". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- McGlashan, Lara. Stan the Man's Six-Pack Plan. Muscle and Fitness, June 2003.