Stan Meissner (born 1956) is a Canadian songwriter/composer, recording artist and producer. His career includes hits internationally as well as in both English and French Canada. Meissner has been a staff songwriter for more than 25 years, under contracts with BMG Music Publishing, Warner-Chappell Music and Irving-Almo/Universal Music, and has written for many international acts including Céline Dion, Lara Fabian, Lee Ann Womack, Eddie Money, Farmer's Daughter, Ricochet, Rita Coolidge, B. J. Thomas, Ben Orr (The Cars), Alias, Triumph, Darby Mills, Toronto and Lee Aaron among many others.
Meissner released three solo albums as a recording artist: Undertow, Dangerous Games and Windows to Light. Undertow contained the top ten singles "River Of Fire", "Someone Like You" and "If It Takes All Night" and was re-released in 2008 on Highway 118 Records; Windows to Light featured the hit single and video "One Chance" which was the #1 A/C song of 1987 (The Record Chart). Meissner is also the creative force behind the duo Metropolis with Peter Fredette. The Metropolis debut CD included "The Darkest Side of the Night", which was featured as the title track in Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan.
Meissner has written music for many TV shows and films, including A&E's Biography, Berenstain Bears, Timothy Goes to School, Hang Time, Cottage Life, Missing Children, Lighten Up, Cody's Crew and Sweating Bullets/Tropical Heat, as well as contributing songs and source music to Beverly Hills, 90210, Forever Knight, My Secret Identity, Daydream Believers - The Monkees Story, Tekwar, Little Criminals, Odyssey, Phenom, Tales from the Crypt, Amy Fisher: My Story, Life Goes On, Shining Time Station, First Offender, Whispers, Fearless, Pilgrim, The Incredible Ida Early, Material World, It's Only Rock and Roll, Family Reunion, Ghoulies 3, Friday the 13th: The Series and Friday the 13th Parts VII & VIII.
Meissner is the President and Chairman of the Board of Directors of SOCAN (2012–2018), served as Treasurer of SOCAN (2003–2012) and President of the SOCAN Foundation (2006–2012). He is also the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame (2012–2018), and he served as President of the Songwriters Association of Canada (2000–2006). He has been very active in the songwriting community, working as a tireless advocate to further a more positive environment for creators in Canada and around the world.
-Gemini Award recipient for music on CBC's 'It's Only Rock And Roll'
-B.C. Country Music Association 'Songwriter Of The Year' - 1999
-Juno Award nominee 'Songwriter Of The Year' - 2000
-Juno Award nominee 'Most Promising Male Vocalist' -1986
-Socan #1 Award for writing 'Leila' (1995 - sung by Lara Fabian)
-Socan Airplay Award for 'Il Suffit D'une Eclair' (1994 - sung by Lara Fabian)
-Socan Airplay Award for 'Leila' (1995 - sung by Lara Fabian)
-Canadian Music Publishers Award for 'One Chance' (among the top Canadian hits of 1987-1988)
-Multiple RIAA and CRIA Gold and Platinum Records
- Dangerous Games (A&M, 1983. Re-Released on Long Island Records, 1995.)
- Windows to Light (A&M, 1986. Re-Released on Long Island Records, 1995.)
- Undertow (Duke Street/MCA, 1992. Re-Released on Highway 118 Records, 2008.)
- The Power of the Night (MTM Music, 2000)
- "I Need Your Love" / "Walking in the Dark" (A&M, 1984)
- "Hide the Night Away" / "Walk Out Of My Life" (A&M, 1984)
- "Once Over" / "Once Over" (A&M, 1984)
- "One Chance" / "Coming out of Nowhere" (A&M, 1985)
- "I Want Everything" / "Surrender to You" (A&M, 1986)
- "Can't Break Away from You" / "I Need Your Love" (A&M, 1986)
- "River of Fire" (Duke Street 1992)
- "It's No Secret" (Duke Street 1992)
- "Someone Like You" (Duke Street 1993)
- "The Lucky One" (Duke Street 1993)
- Allmusic – Stan Meissner
- Discogs.com – Stan Meissner
- Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame - Advisory Board