|Alma mater||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Doctoral advisor||Michael Hammer|
|Known for||Encore-Ob/Server, C-Store, Aurora/Borealis, H-Store|
Stanley Zdonik is a computer scientist specializing in database management systems. He is currently a tenured professor of computer science at Brown University. Zdonik has lived in the Boston area his entire life. After completing two bachelors and two master's degrees at MIT, he then earned a PhD in database management under Michael Hammer.
In the mid-seventies, Dr. Zdonik worked on the Prophet data management system for pharmacologists at Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc. After becoming a professor at Brown University during the early 1980s, Zdonik became a leading researcher in object-oriented databases. He has over one hundred peer-reviewed papers in the database field and was named an ACM Fellow in 2006. More recently, he has been involved in the development of several notable database projects with other well-known researchers, such as Michael Stonebraker and Sam Madden. These projects include the Aurora and Borealis stream processing engines, the C-Store column store database, and the H-Store parallel, main memory OLTP system. He has also served as a member of the VLDB Board of Trustees  and has been the general chair for several major database conferences.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, June 1983. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- M.S., Computer Science, 1980. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, 1980. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- B.S., Computer Science, 1970. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1970. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Stanley Zdonik at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Zdonik, Stanley B; David Maier (1990). Readings in object-oriented database systems. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc. ISBN 1-558-60000-0.
- Stanley B. Zdonik at DBLP Bibliography Server
- "ACM Fellows - 2006". 2006. Retrieved November 24, 2001.
- "VLDB Endowment Board of Trustees" (PDF). 2007. Retrieved January 30, 2009.
- "International Bluegrass Music Association - Board of Directors". 2008. Retrieved January 30, 2009.
- "Brown University Researcher Profile". 2005. Retrieved January 30, 2009.