Stand (Poison song)
|Single by Poison|
|from the album Native Tongue|
|B-side||"Whip Comes Down, Native Tongue/Scream"|
|Released||January 4, 1993|
|Genre||Blues rock, country rock|
|Songwriter(s)||Richie Kotzen, Bobby Dall, Bret Michaels, Rikki Rockett|
|Poison singles chronology|
"Stand" is a song recorded by American band Poison, written by Richie Kotzen prior to joining the band. It was the 1st single from their 1993 Native Tongue album. The song reached number 15 on the Mainstream rock chart, #35 on the top 40 mainstream chart and #50 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song also charted at number 25 on the UK Singles chart, it was also the first Poison single and music video to feature lead guitarist Richie Kotzen. The song fuses elements of country rock and gospel music; the album version includes the Los Angeles First A.M.E. Church choir on backing vocals.
The single's B-side, When The Whip Comes Down, hasn't featured on any Poison album to date.
This is the only song released by the band not featuring the classic lineup that is still performed by the band in concert.
"Stand" is on the following albums.
- Native Tongue
- Poison's Greatest Hits: 1986-1996
- Best of Ballads & Blues (Acoustic)
- The Best of Poison: 20 Years of Rock
- Seven Days Live CD (Live Version)
- Poison - Box Set (Collector's Edition)
- Acoustic Cuts (Richie Kotzen solo acoustic)
- The Winery Dogs - Unleashed in Japan 2013 (Winery Dogs Live Acoustic Version)
|Swiss Music Charts||39|
|UK Singles Chart||25|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||50|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||15|
- "Allmusic (Poison charts and awards) Billboard singles".
- "Poison chart stats". Archived from the original on 2012-07-31.