Standard Chartered Uganda
|Headquarters||5 Speke Road, Kampala, Uganda|
|Robin Kibuuka PhD
|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Revenue||Aftertax: US$41.04 million (UGX:114 billion) (2014)|
|Total assets||US$936 million (UGX:2.6 trillion) (2014)|
Number of employees
Standard Chartered Uganda, whose official name is Standard Chartered Bank (Uganda) Limited, but is often referred to as Stanchart Uganda, is a commercial bank in Uganda. It is one of the banks licensed by the Bank of Uganda, the central bank and national banking regulator.
Stanchart Uganda is a large bank, serving large corporate clients, upscale retail customers, and medium to large business enterprises. As of December 2014[update], it was the second largest commercial bank in Uganda by assets, with an estimated asset base of US$936 million (UGX:2.6 trillion), behind Stanbic Bank. As of December 2012[update], shareholders' equity stood at approximately US$142.5 million (UGX:372 billion). As of June 2013[update], Stanchart Uganda owned an estimated 16.2 percent of total bank assets in the country.
Founded in August 1912, Stanchart Uganda is the oldest commercial bank in the country and has maintained a continuous banking presence in the country since its founding.
In 1998, Stanchart Uganda acquired four branches of former Uganda Cooperative Bank.
- Acacia Branch - Acacia Shopping Mall, Kololo, Kampala
- City Branch - 9 William Street, Kampala
- Freedom City Branch - Freedom City Mall, 4010 Entebbe Road, Namasuba
- Garden City Branch - Garden City Shopping Mall, 64 - 84 Yusuf Lule Road, Kampala
- Gulu Branch - 3 Andrea Ola Road, Gulu
- Jinja Branch - 2-4 Grant Road, Jinja
- Kikuubo Branch - Kikuubo Lane, Kampala
- Lugogo Branch - Forest Mall, 2-8 Lugogo Bypass Road, Kampala
- Mbale Branch - 37 Republic Street, Mbale
- Mbarara Branch - 24 High Street, Mbarara
- Mortgage Branch - Garden City Mall, 64-84 Yusuf Lule Road, Kampala (Specializes in mortgage products)
- Naalya Branch - Shop #83, Metroplex Mall, 103 Kampala Northern Bypass, Naalya
- Ndeeba Branch - 1156 Masterwood Plaza, Ndeeba
- Speke Road Branch - 5 Speke Road, Kampala Head Office
The chairman of the board of directors is Robin Kibuuka. The managing director is Herman Kasekende, a native of Uganda, who has been serving as the regional head of small and medium enterprises products and solutions at Standard Chartered Group's regional headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
- List of banks in Uganda
- Banking in Uganda
- Standard Chartered Kenya
- Standard Chartered Tanzania
- Standard Chartered Zambia
- Standard Chartered Zimbabwe
- Economy of Uganda
- James Mulwana
- Businge, Julius (28 March 2013). "Uganda: Standard Chartered Bank Uganda Appoints New Board Chairman". The Independent (Uganda) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Businge, Julius (18 August 2012). "Uganda: Executive Style - Leaving At a Good Time". The Independent (Uganda) via AllAfria.com. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Mwesigwa, Alon (6 May 2015). "Ugandan Banks Shine As Kenya's See Profits Drop". The Observer (Uganda) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Number of Employees In 2014". Standard Chartered Uganda. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "List of Licensed Commercial Banks In Uganda" (PDF). Bank of Uganda. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Businge, Julius (10 May 2013). "Bad Year For Banks". The Independent (Kampala). Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Onyango, Emma (19 January 2014). "Mixed Bag of Banking Stars". East African Business Week (Kampala). Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- "History of Stanchart Uganda". Standard Chartered Uganda. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- "Homepage of Standard Chartered Bank Group". Standard Chartered Bank. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- "Branch Network of Standard Chartered Uganda". Standard Chartered Uganda. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Oyet Okwera, and Cynthia Aber (30 June 2014). "Mutebile Optimistic About Economic Growth". New Vision. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- Vision, Reporter (29 July 2012). "Manjang Leaves Stanchart Uganda For Oman Duty". New Vision. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Standard Chartered Bank Uganda Homepage
- Bank of Uganda Website
- Interview With Lamin Manjang, Managing Director In April 2011
- Profile of Lamin Manjang, CEO Standard Chartered Uganda
- Ugandan Banks Likely To Record Low Growth This Year (2014), Says Report
- Overview of Standard Chartered Uganda In 2012
- 30 June 2011 Financial Data