Standard Chartered Zambia
|Public: LuSE: SCZ|
|Headquarters||Cairo Road, Lusaka, Zambia|
Michael M Mundashi
Andrew OkaiManaging Director & CEO
|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Revenue||Aftertax:US$25.8 million (ZMK:132.5 billion) (2011)|
|Total assets||US$893 million (ZMK:4.586 billion) (2011)|
Number of employees
Standard Chartered Zambia, officially Standard Chartered Bank Zambia Plc, is a commercial bank in Zambia and a subsidiary of Standard Chartered. It is one of the 18 commercial banks licensed by the Bank of Zambia, the national banking regulator.
Stanchart Zambia is a large bank, serving large corporate clients, upscale retail customers and medium to large business enterprises. It is one of the largest commercial banks in Zambia, by assets, controlling an estimated 20% of all commercial bank assets in the country, as of December 2007. In December 2011, the total asset valuaion of the bank was about US$893 million (ZMK:4.586 billion), with shareholder's equity valued at US$72 million (ZMK:373 billion). In June 2012, Zambian press reports indicated that the bank's total assets had increased to US$902 million (ZMK:4,632 billion), with shareholders' equity of about US$78 million (ZMK:400 million).
Stanchart Zambia is a subsidiary of the Standard Chartered Bank Group, an International financial services conglomerate, headquartered in London in the United Kingdom, with operations in more than seventy countries and a network of over 1,700 branches, employing in excess of 73,000 people.
Stock Ownership as at December 31, 2013 was as follows:
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Standard Chartered Holdings (Africa) BV1||90.00|
|2||Others via the Lusaka Stock Exchange||10.00|
- Head Office - Standard Chartered House, Cairo Road, Lusaka
- Buteko Branch - Buketo Avenue, Ndola
- Chililabombwe Branch - Chililabombwe
- Chingola Branch - Chingola
- Choma Branch - Choma
- Crossroads Branch - Crossroads, Lusaka
- Fallspark Branch - Fallspark, Livingstone
- Jacaranda Branch - Jacaranda Mall, Ndola
- Kabulonga Branch - Kabulonga Shopping Center, Lusaka
- Kasama Branch - Kasama
- Kitwe Branch - Zambia Way, Kitwe
- Livingstone Branch - Livingstone
- Luanshya Branch - Luanshya
- Manda Hill Branch - Manda Hill Shopping Center, Lusaka
- Mazabuka Branch - Mazabuka
- Mongu Branch - Mongu
- Ndola South Branch - Ndola South, Ndola
- North End Branch - North End, Lusaka
- Solwezi Branch - Solwezi
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director of Standard Chartered Bank (Zambia) is Andrew Okai appointed in September 2013. Andrew is a native of Ghana and has been with the Standard Chartered Bank Group since 1997. Andrew previously served as Executive Director of Consumer Banking at Standard Chartered Bank in Ghana. He has also worked for Standard Chartered in South Africa and Hong Kong.
- List of banks in Zambia
- Lusaka Stock Exchange
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Kenya
- Standard Chartered Tanzania
- Standard Chartered Uganda
- Standard Chartered Zimbabwe
- Economy of Zambia
- Standard Chartered Bank Zambia Homepage
- Company Profile At Google Finance
- Total Assets Nearly US$1 Billion In 2012
- Website of Bank of Zambia
- Andrew Okai Is Managing Director And CEO of Standard Chartered Zambia
- "Bank of Zambia". www.boz.zm. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- Scope of Services Offered By Stanchart Zambia
- Audited December 2011 Annual Report
- "Zambia: Stanchart Meets BoZ Benchmarks". The Times of Zambia (Ndola). 2012-06-19. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- "LuSE". www.luse.co.zm. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- "Redirect". www.standardchartered.com. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- "Standard Chartered Zambia 2013 Annual report" (PDF). Standard Chartered Zambia. December 31, 2013. Retrieved December 26, 2014.
- "ATMs & Branches - Standard Chartered Bank Zambia". www.standardchartered.com. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- Standard Chartered Zambia Opens Jacaranda Branch In Ndola