Number of employees
Standard Wool is a global group of companies which sources, processes and supply’s quality wool and its by-products to its worldwide customer base. The company’s origins date back to the 18th century and they now have trading and sourcing facilities in the United Kingdom, Chile, China and New Zealand. The firm is headquartered in Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom.
Standard Wool is a multi-million pound group of five companies that together make up one of the world’s leading wool trading businesses. It has customer base spanning across 30 countries and specialises in sourcing, supplying and processing wools from the UK and overseas.
In 2005, Managing Director Paul Hughes Snr led a buy-out of the company, which has a turnover exceeding £50m.
In 2014, the company made three key appointments to its group board. Paul Hughes Jr became group trading director, Mark Andrews was promoted to production director and Ian Marwood joined as a non-executive director.
The Standard Wool group consists of five companies:
- Standard Wool (UK) Ltd.
- Standard Wool (Chile) SA
- Standard Wool (NZ)
- Standard Wool (Nanjing, China)
- "New board for wool trading and processing group". thebusinessdesk.com.
- "Standard Wool appoints new directors". examiner.co.uk.
- "Standard Wool relocates Bradford". insidermedia.com.
- "Expanding wool firm is moving locations". thetelegraphandargus.co.uk.
- "New faces on Standard Wool Board". thetelegraphandargus.co.uk.
- "Company Profiles". standardwool.co.uk.