Standing on the Edge of Goodbye
|"Standing on the Edge of Goodbye"|
|Single by John Berry|
|from the album Standing on the Edge|
|B-side||"Ninety Miles an Hour"|
|Released||February 14, 1995|
|Writer(s)||John Berry, Stewart Harris|
|Producer(s)||Jimmy Bowen, Chuck Howard|
|John Berry singles chronology|
"Standing on the Edge of Goodbye" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist John Berry. It was released in February 1995 as the first single from the album Standing on the Edge. The song reached number 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. It was written by Berry and Stewart Harris.
Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, saying that Berry "picks up the tempo but continues to travel down the same country/soul road that got him where he is." and that it "showcases some solid writing chops."
The music video was directed by John Lloyd Miller and premiered in early 1995.
"Standing on the Edge of Goodbye" debuted at number 73 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of March 4, 1995.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||6|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||53|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||33|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 44.
- "Reviews". Billboard: 67. 4 March 1995.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 9245." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. May 22, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "John Berry – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for John Berry.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1995". RPM. December 18, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Best of 1995: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|