Stanford Prison Experiment (band)
Stanford Prison Experiment
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Genres||Alternative rock, grunge, indie rock, post-hardcore, punk rock, hardcore punk|
|Years active||early 1990s-early 2000s|
|Labels||Island, World Domination|
|Past members||Mark Fraser (bass)|
Mario Jimenez (vocals)
Davey Latter (drums)
Mike Starkey (guitar, vocals)
Stanford Prison Experiment was an American punk band based in Los Angeles, California, whose name was a reference to the Stanford prison experiment conducted by psychologist Philip Zimbardo in 1971. The band represented various subgenres such as hardcore, post-hardcore, and grunge. Its leader learned about the SPE as an employee for the audio/visual dept at UCLA (He set up/played the film for a class).
- Stanford Prison Experiment (1993, World Domination)
- The Gato Hunch (1995, World Domination)
- Wrecreation (1998, Island)
- "Stanford Prison Experiment - The Gato Hunch / Wrecreation". It Follows - Punk, Hardcore, Indie & More Music Blog. Retrieved 2013-04-20.
- "Stanford Prison Experiment". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-04-20.
- "Hey, what happened? An interview with Mario Jimenez of Stanford Prison Experiment". Welcome to Flavor Country. Retrieved 2013-04-20.