Stanford University in popular culture
(Redirected from Stanford in popular culture)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Stanford University has been often mentioned in fictional works of popular culture.
- The movie Orange County is about a student who applies at enroll at Stanford but is rejected after his student counselor actually sends the wrong transcript to Stanford.
- In the 1942 movie The Spirit of Stanford, Stanford's quarterback Frank Albert actually played himself.
- The 1944 film Double Indemnity is about a wife who conspires with her lover to kill her husband in Palo Alto on his way to a Stanford reunion.
- Hillary Whitney in Beaches studies at Stanford.
- Amy in The Social Network is a Stanford student.
- Gabriella in High School Musical 3 is admitted to and decides to attend Stanford.  
- Sam Winchester in Supernatural begins the series as an undergraduate in Stanford
- Rachel Zane in "Suits (TV Series)" gets accepted into Stanford to study Law
- Nina Rosario, a main character in In the Heights, is a scholarship recipient at Stanford but announces in Act I that she has dropped out. By the end of the last act, she has decided to accept her parents' financial help and reenroll.
- "Stanford Magazine - Article". www.stanfordalumni.org.
- "The Stanford brand". 21 April 2011.
- "Orange County". 11 January 2002 – via www.imdb.com.
- "The Spirit of Stanford". 8 October 1942 – via www.imdb.com.
- "High School Musical 3: Senior Year". 24 October 2008 – via www.imdb.com.
- "Stanford Magazine - Article". alumni.stanford.edu.