Stanisław Kostka Zamoyski
|Stanisław Kostka Zamoyski|
|Born||13 January 1775|
|Died||2 April 1856 (aged 81)|
Stanisław was the 12th Ordynat of Zamość estates. In 1809 he became the chairman of the "Provisional Government" (rzad tymczasowy) of Galicia. He was Senator-Voivode of the Duchy of Warsaw and the Polish (Congress) Kingdom from 1810 until 1831. He founded the Zamoyski Ordynacja Library and was chairman of the "Agricultural Society". He was awarded the Order of the White Eagle on 16 June 1812. In 1822 Stanisław became the chairman of the Senate in the Polish (Congress) Kingdom.
He married Princess Zofia Czartoryska on 20 May 1798 in Puławy.
During the November Uprising in 1831, Zamoyski was not present at the senate meeting and was subsequently removed from the senate by that year's parliament.
- Honorary member of the Warsaw Society of Friends of Learning, awarded in 1811
- Member of the Order of the White Eagle, awarded on 16 June 1812
- Knight of the Order of St. Stanislaus, awarded in 1812
- "Stanisław Kostka Zamoyski - Muzeum Zamoyskich w Kozłówce". www.muzeumzamoyskich.pl. Retrieved 2016-10-05.
- "Stanisław Kostka Zamoyski | UM Janów Lubelski". www.janowlubelski.pl. Retrieved 2016-10-05.
|This biography of a Polish noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a Polish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|